BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #45
UK135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I am so sorry Joraq...one question i have here i the UK when you pay your deposit you are entering a legal agreement and both parties sign a contract/document do you guys not do that in the states....by the sounds of it if they dont give you this deal you should call up some top dude at BMW and kick up a real storm. you could give BMW (especially this dealership) really bad press which is what they completely deserve

Really sorry to hear about this....not nice and appauling service. I would be going completely mental if i was in your position

Good luck with it all and please keep us updated on your situation. How about asking the dealership to see if they can ring round other dealers and getting you a quicker build slot?? That is the least they can do as well as a much better deal on the car
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:54 AM   #46
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

UK135i,

I did sign a buyers order but am not sure how binding it is. I am still waiting to hear back on the pricing. I do plan to attempt to hurry the build process as much as possible and your suggestion definately sounds reasonable. I have alerted BMWNA which is what prompted the call to me after I waited and waited to speak to them. Perhaps they wouldn't of even have called me back if I didn't call BMWNA and reported. BMNA's stance was that, as one person mentioned earlier, (gargoyle?sp?), that they pretty much consider the dealerships somewhat separarte due to a legal clause that exists. I know they were not happy with the press, but from what they said they cannot do much. Word of mouth and referrals are what these dealerships live and die for, we can only do our part to prevent this from happening to some other person.

J.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #47
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

I would say 1k over invoice as long as that is the commission for the sales rep that went to bat for you. The SM should get nothing for this deal but a kick in the junk.
      03-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #48
white911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I - white/coral red - sport

I highly recommend Passport -- they were a pleasure to deal with. My CA was particularly helpful.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #49
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

1k over invoice? I guess that could be a good deal for you if your original price was much higher in the first place, but AchtungE30 got that deal without even having his car sold out from under him:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5969
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:22 AM   #50
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

1k over invoice? I hope they're giving you full KBB retail on the 530i too, otherwise, that isn't a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #51
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

sorry man. that really sucks.

personally i'd rather buy the car at msrp from a responsible dealership than pay 1 penny over invoice to a dealership that screwed me like that.
      03-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #52
UltimateCA
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Devastation - Corrected!

Mr. Audain,

For the record, integrity is paramount as I clearly expressed this candidly during your M3 test drive. Nothing has changed since then, and I am offended that you've said quite the contrary on this post.

These are the facts:

1. Your CA expressed concern to management regarding the sale/trade of your E60 and had a suspicion that it would be a problem despite you assuring her it would not.

2. Remembering this is a business, she gave permission to all CA to sell the vehicle if possible as she honestly didn't know when you would actually complete the paperwork. She felt you weren't being completely honest (and based on your statement that you still are having difficulty selling your E60, she was accurate).

3. Your CA gave me permission to contact you, and at the end of our conversation I immediately went to my manager and relayed exactly what you stated. I was certain that you were not coming Saturday to complete the transaction and take ownership of this 1-series (they say hind sight is 20/20 and it's easy to say you were waiting for a phone call to come get this car, but the fact is that you never showed up). Yes you said "It is/was my goal to pick up the car," and "Yes I want the car," the fact is you did not come and buy the car. With all due respect, if Russel BMW ran business the way you are suggesting, it would not have been able to last 50+ years.

BTW, because we do business the right way, we've won the coveted "Centers of Excellence" award that BMW North America extends to those who perform parexcellence (there is no faking it, either you're the best or you're not, and BMWNA is the judge). Out of 360+ stores nationwide, we are ranked 15th in the country and that has to speak volumes for our ethics, since you are questioning them.

With all due respect, if you would have showed up on Saturday, this sort of blasting would be warranted and is even recommended. Yes, I recommend this sort of blasting to keep sleezy salespersons accountable for their actions. I must say, I count myself part of the "not-so-sleezy-type" but integritous type and have no regrets because the fact stands, you did not come or call on Saturday.

Mr. Audain, I recognize that you are dissappointed at what took place. And rightfully so, the car you poured your heart into, dreamed about, and put money out for was car was sold. But the question I have for you is, am I really at fault? I'll let you decide where to put the blame.

---to those who prematurely judged me without knowing the "other"side of the story, please this is my livelyhood. I take this sort of thing very seriously---

Regards,

Korey
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #53
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateCA View Post
Mr. Audain,

For the record, integrity is paramount as I clearly expressed this candidly during your M3 test drive. Nothing has changed since then, and I am offended that you've said quite the contrary on this post.

These are the facts:

1. Your CA expressed concern to management regarding the sale/trade of your E60 and had a suspicion that it would be a problem despite you assuring her it would not.

2. Remembering this is a business, she gave permission to all CA to sell the vehicle if possible as she honestly didn't know when you would actually complete the paperwork. She felt you weren't being completely honest (and based on your statement that you still are having difficulty selling your E60, she was accurate).

3. Your CA gave me permission to contact you, and at the end of our conversation I immediately went to my manager and relayed exactly what you stated. I was certain that you were not coming Saturday to complete the transaction and take ownership of this 1-series (they say hind sight is 20/20 and it's easy to say you were waiting for a phone call to come get this car, but the fact is that you never showed up). Yes you said "It is/was my goal to pick up the car," and "Yes I want the car," the fact is you did not come and buy the car. With all due respect, if Russel BMW ran business the way you are suggesting, it would not have been able to last 50+ years.

BTW, because we do business the right way, we've won the coveted "Centers of Excellence" award that BMW North America extends to those who perform parexcellence (there is no faking it, either you're the best or you're not, and BMWNA is the judge). Out of 360+ stores nationwide, we are ranked 15th in the country and that has to speak volumes for our ethics, since you are questioning them.

With all due respect, if you would have showed up on Saturday, this sort of blasting would be warranted and is even recommended. Yes, I recommend this sort of blasting to keep sleezy salespersons accountable for their actions. I must say, I count myself part of the "not-so-sleezy-type" but integritous type and have no regrets because the fact stands, you did not come or call on Saturday.

Mr. Audain, I recognize that you are dissappointed at what took place. And rightfully so, the car you poured your heart into, dreamed about, and put money out for was car was sold. But the question I have for you is, am I really at fault? I'll let you decide where to put the blame.

---to those who prematurely judged me without knowing the "other"side of the story, please this is my livelyhood. I take this sort of thing very seriously---

Regards,

Korey
Korey

Yes you are at fault ! And even Worst, What have you done to make it right ???

Anyone who buys from you or you dealership is a fool.

If you take it seriously, MAKE IT RIGHT !
      03-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #54
rhutch98
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E93 335is

Korey,

It is always good to see two sides of the story. I guess my question would be, "What about the deposit?" Right or wrong I would think a deposit is a buyer's way of saying hold the car. If you had told the OP that you were going to return his deposit prior to selling the car that would be one thing, but to sell the car first is a no no in my mind.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #55
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

UltimateCA,
1. I don't think you should use your client's name on the message boards. He didn't elect to do so when he chose "Joraq" as his username. You shouldn't be taking that liberty.
2. I feel CERTAIN you shouldn't be posting this on this thread. This is not the place for a running debate between you and your client. It's kind of unprofessional and it reflects badly on your dealership. I have to wonder if your management would approve of this.
3. This is a message board, where 1 series fans discuss issues. Joraq does not have an obligation to present both sides of the issue. We don't have an obligation to believe anything he says. But he can write what he want he wants and we can choose to believe him or not.
You guys should be concerning yourselves on communicating with Joraq directly (which he seems to be having some trouble with) and less so on posting to this thread.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #56
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Korey,

Please state when the car was sold. You stated that it was sold Saturday?? At what point did you sell the car. Saturday, 5:59?? I stated that it was my goal to purchase the car on Saturday, and Yes I wanted it. Please state when it was sold and what efforts were made to make sure that I indeed "did not want the car I had a deposit on". And for the record, have I not recorded the truth? Who am I blasting? Did I even initially mention your name? The posts will not lie.

J.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #57
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

wow... I can't believe they can get to be such scum. I am glad my friend (long time BMW owner) advised me correctly and I went with the better dealership in my city.

You know what to do for an emotional response? Go to another dealership and start from scratch. But do send a nice gift basket to that craphole, and make sure to include lots of food and goodies in it; they're clearly starving in there.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #58
runfun1
2008 Montego 128i vert
Rep
Drives:

Joraq,

Have you tried another dealer? I test drove a car while visiting my parents and they offered me money off ($1000) if I ordered my car from them instead of who I ordered my car from. I declined since my car is less than a week away from being delivered. Other dealers in your area might do the same, especially after you tell them what you have already been through. Most dealers would appreciate the business and want to build lifelong relationships.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #59
white911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I - white/coral red - sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge350 View Post
UltimateCA,
1. I don't think you should use your client's name on the message boards. He didn't elect to do so when he chose "Joraq" as his username. You shouldn't be taking that liberty..
Edge, I agree with most of what you said with this exception -- Joraq posted the offending CA's name on this board. I agree with posting the name of the dealership where the purported chicanery took place; but, if he is going to slam someone publicy, he should not expect to remain anonymous.

On the other hand, as others have said, what was the point of the $1000 dollar deposit, if the dealer was going to sell the car out from under you? This seems like a good way to increase your inventory; but, it seems like it is too small to create anything but bad will from potential customers.

The dealership in question obviously believes that this is the way to behave and they have trained their CAs to behave accordingly and in this case the CA was acting in accordance with their guidelines otherwise he would have been sensored. That dealership must have developed a strong 'Watch your back mentality'.

Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #60
Smallbodybimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Korey,

Between the close of business on Saturday and when you actually sold the car, you should have contacted or made an attempt to contact the original customer. No matter how "certain" you were that he was not going to show up, even though he said he would, you did not have certain knowledge of his entire situation. There could have honestly been a multitude of reasons why he was not able to show up that particular day. You could at least have made certain that it was understood between the two of you that if he did not show up on Saturday, that it was a deal breaker and that no further contact should be expected. That is just a pure lack of respect and value for your customer. I live in MD, and Russell BMW won't ever be getting a cent of future business from me, no matter what type of awards you've won. And word of mouth is a bitch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:39 PM   #61
UK135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

what i really dont understand and things may be very different in america is how can the salesman sell a car that Joraq already part owned in the way of the deposit he had on the car

Sorry i am only asking because when you have a deposit in the UK on a car the sales rep and the buyer have entered an agreement with eachother so this exact thing that has happened to Joraq does not occur.

This might happen in the UK but i would not think with BMW dealerships or any for that matter but i mike be blinkered. It is weird to me that they would sell the car when Joraq still had the deposit on the car. surely it is his choice when he picks the car up. The deposit guarentees the purchase of the car surely?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #62
john970
1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135

It makes me happy that I am doing ED - when they get my car at the dealership here I'll already own it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #63
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by white911 View Post
Edge, I agree with most of what you said with this exception -- Joraq posted the offending CA's name on this board. I agree with posting the name of the dealership where the purported chicanery took place; but, if he is going to slam someone publicy, he should not expect to remain anonymous.
Naming the dealership is certainly fair, because one purpose of the message board is for consumers to advocate for fellow consumers. We agree there.
I respectfully disagree on your other point. A customer revealing the name of a CA is NOT the same as a CA revealing the name of a private customer. The purpose of this message board is for customers to discuss quality products and service. To that end, Joraq was sharing a bad experience with someone who provided a poor service. As a consumer, he's hoping others benefit from his experience.
In fact, if this was GOOD publicity, Corey would WANT Joraq to mention him because he stands to gain something. If customers didn't talk, dealers wouldn't have a reputation in the first place.
But even if you disagree and believe that Joraq shouldn't have mentioned the CA's name, two wrongs don't make a right. Corey shouldn't have turned around and used Joraq's name. A truly professsional CA would never take an argument like this to a message board and would certainly never make a client's name public.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 02:39 PM   #64
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

IMHO, Joraq broke etiquette by giving Korey’s full name without his permission. This is was a breach of internet etiquette and bad form.

Korey on the other hand, broke the dealerships privacy policy by giving out Joraq’s name. Because Korey is an agent of the dealership he has a higher standard to adhere to legally. While I doubt that there is a legal case here, name is one of the things that is protected by privacy laws.

FYI, Russel bmw’s privacy policy

http://www.russelbmw.com/displayCont...=privacypolicy
      03-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #65
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
I think the dealer could have waited a day... but i can see how the dealership thinks... $ is $ and talk is talk...and unless you walk in with cash you are nothing to them.

This is gonna get much worse b4 it gets better but I hope both parties can end this amicable.

maybe it is best to move on....
I know my CA was very good about emailing and calling my office or cell...
he even emailed while i was out of the country when my car arrived on 3/14 night.
      03-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #66
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyal View Post
IMHO, Joraq broke etiquette by giving Korey’s full name without his permission. This is was a breach of internet etiquette and bad form.

Korey on the other hand, broke the dealerships privacy policy by giving out Joraq’s name. Because Korey is an agent of the dealership he has a higher standard to adhere to legally. While I doubt that there is a legal case here, name is one of the things that is protected by privacy laws.

FYI, Russel bmw’s privacy policy

http://www.russelbmw.com/displayCont...=privacypolicy
Besides the case in general, this violation of privacy is what I find Super-shocking. The CA and dealer are not doing anything to help reveal what kind of business they are running by posting up last names in a public forum to defend themsilves. If you did that in the field I work (healthcare) you will go to jail and pay a $25,000 fine! This s*#t is getting out of hand!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0