BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #45
Powerman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
And yes, electing somebody who will stop the war in Iraq will have a significant effect on that 50% increase over our total deficit that comes from the war supplimental. This will in turn help raise the dollar.
Actually not true. we can easily pay for the war if we cut spending. Borrowing to pay for the war, AND not cutting spending is what is hurting the Dollar. Both sides of the isle are just as guilty as the other on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
Right now there is not a single Republican who will do this, so yes, voting Democrat is the only answer. If there were a Republican who I thought would stop the war, I would consider him too.

Obviously you have not heard of Ron Paul. He dosen't have a hope of getting the Republican nomination, but he is most assuredly for pulling out of Iraq immediatly. I happen to agree. You didn't say there were no Republican front runners against the war, you said there were no Republicans against the war. That is false. Republican does not = for the war. Hillary has no problem with staying.

As far as the topic, a few thousand dollars is not going to make, or break me on buying this car. Being able to make the payment does not mean I can afford it. When they release the pricing, either I can afford it, or I can't. If a weak USD is going to be the deciding factor, then I have a lot of other problems besides not being able to buy a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #46
bavarianbutcher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Series BMW

It's called "currency circulation"!! Unless all you >300k annual men and women are willing to take a cut in pay (the higher ups), the more "un-needed" Washingtons we have floating around. The U.S. dollar is going nowhere anytime soon and all our corporations are doing today is making it worse for us and our children by outsourcing. The more money we have all over the world the more worthless it is (obviously). Go to somewhere like Germany and look for a currency exchange they are ALL OVER THE PLACE!! Then try to find one here in mid America. I don't know about anyone else but the closest one is 4hrs away at the nearest airport for some of these people. This country invests too much in other countries and not enough into our own. I know everyone here thinks this is way WAY out there and that "today we have technology so that would never happen", but I as well as many other top name economists firmly believe that this country is going to see a second great depression within the next decadet and a half. It is likely to happen and there are many reasons that I could go on forever about but I've decided to cut it here and see what you guys think about this.
Appreciate 0