BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
ShiftGear
Rep
Drives: 135i

Suspension/Brake Warning Lights

Long story short, I took my car to get Koni dampers, eibach pros, m3 front control arm kit, and m3 rear subframe bushings installed two weeks ago. Due to where I work, the car had to be in south florida for two weeks. My dad picked up the car last saturday and was great. No codes popped up... I wouldn't expect suspension to throw codes anyway. Then on tuesday, my dad dropped off the car at BMW to replace the radio and to recode the radio/speakers. I've been having speaker buzzing/popping issues from day 1, mostly at highway speeds. So I decided to see if that would fix it. The car was picked up on Wednesday afternoon.

Fast forward to today when I arrived to my parent's house. I test drove the car with the newly installed suspension parts. 5 mins into the drive, I get two warning lights on the dash. One is the indication of the brake fluid level is too low, but the lights (the word "BRAKE" at the top and the symbol at the bottom) are showing up in the dash as the color yellow. The other is the indication of the suspension control system failed. Both lights (the DSC looking symbol at the top and the DSC looking symbol with an exclamation mark at the bottom) are showing up in yellow. Nothing seems to happen if I press or hold the DSC button.

I know the rear subframe had to come out and the brakes needed to be bled to install the rear bushings. But my dad drove the car back from the shop for 40 minutes and no warnings displayed. Can upgrading the suspension throw these codes, especially the DSC one? Or can this be the cause of BMW's fantastic recode? Thanks for the input.

Edit: Not sure if it's all in my head, but the car feels slower when punching it in 1st and 2nd... no wheel spin when punching it in first anymore... maybe more grip and traction now? And it seems a second longer to reach 60mph when punching it from 1-2 gear... makes me want to get a boost gauge to see if BMW detuned my N55 that was producing 10psi boost stock before. Or can this be caused because of suspension failure warning light since it looks to be the DSC?

Last edited by ShiftGear; 05-09-2013 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
ShiftGear
Rep
Drives: 135i

Update: Took it to the dealership. Steering sensor had to be re-calibrated.
Appreciate 0