BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #4819
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

i want ur wheels, give em here!
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 01:42 PM   #4820
MaxVasc
Absorbing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #98/586

Do you daily drive your is?
/// Leonidas: 13' 135is #98/586, 6MT M-Sport, Space Gray, Terra Cotta, Harmon and Kardon, MPSS 225/255
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #4821
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxVasc View Post
Yes and No. The 135is was my daily (managed to put on 36,000 miles since Oct 2013) but I'll be starting a new job in the city that will allow me to take public transportation. So it appears I now have 2 weekend cars lol...
      04-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #4822
MaxVasc
Absorbing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #98/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxVasc View Post
Yes and No. The 135is was my daily (managed to put on 36,000 miles since Oct 2013) but I'll be starting a new job in the city that will allow me to take public transportation. So it appears I now have 2 weekend cars lol...
I'm at 27,500 now and not slowing down haha.
/// Leonidas: 13' 135is #98/586, 6MT M-Sport, Space Gray, Terra Cotta, Harmon and Kardon, MPSS 225/255
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 05:19 PM   #4823
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouper View Post
Finally the wraps are off, and the R comes out of the closet! Greg has gone back over to the dark side of VWofA.

Looks great! Even the lady and her dog were stopped dead in their tracks....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
nice Golf R, Greg!!! i dig. So i'm confused....is this replacing the 135is? You barely drive the 135is as it is....so how come you bought another car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
Great new addition to the garage Greg! She's looking really nice. Congrats!
Can you guys believe this? I'm still in shock... and I have to admit it... I'm more than just a tiny bit envious!

I'm just coming off of 12 day trip in SoCal driving a Camry SE rental car. What a soulless driving experience that was. The most pulse quickening aspect of driving that car was driving through the desert and staring at the Check Engine light which latched, I believe, thanks the previous renter who didn't tighten the gas cap.

It was absolutely heavenly to drive the 1er to the office. And thanks to the CTEK charger I purchased just before the trip, I had the peace of mind knowing the battery wouldn't be dead by the time I got home. Definitely worth the money... and thanks again to bmw1racer for the photos of the installation.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #4824
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Guys, been slowly parting out the car. Started with the easy to remove stuff and now I'm onto the good stuff. BMW Performance Suspension, Dinan springs & camber plates here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111181

Will even throw in black rubber mats to the lucky buyer =D
      04-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #4825
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Guys, been slowly parting out the car. Started with the easy to remove stuff and now I'm onto the good stuff. BMW Performance Suspension, Dinan springs & camber plates here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1111181

Will even throw in black rubber mats to the lucky buyer =D
Saw that this morning and the performance suspension coming off saddens me, though I hope Worra does buy it so that setup goes to another 135is. At least I gave him a ride in mine awhile back to hopefully wet his appetite for it, though he seemed equally or more impressed with the PSS.

What I want to hear are your thoughts on driving it AFTER switching back. I think after a couple months on the setup, you get so used to it, you become complacent and forget how good it is. Same with the car generally. Drive a rental car or something for a week or two, come back, hop in the 135is and fall in love all over again.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 07:24 PM   #4826
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Saw that this morning and the performance suspension coming off saddens me, though I hope Worra does buy it so that setup goes to another 135is. At least I gave him a ride in mine awhile back to hopefully wet his appetite for it, though he seemed equally or more impressed with the PSS.

What I want to hear are your thoughts on driving it AFTER switching back. I think after a couple months on the setup, you get so used to it, you become complacent and forget how good it is. Same with the car generally. Drive a rental car or something for a week or two, come back, hop in the 135is and fall in love all over again.
Most definitely, but I'll need a few weeks. These days every trip is brutal just because old man winter has left us potholes everywhere. But even on stock suspension it'd be uncomfortable.
      04-06-2015, 06:03 AM   #4827
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii
Quote:

Most definitely, but I'll need a few weeks. These days every trip is brutal just because old man winter has left us potholes everywhere. But even on stock suspension it'd be uncomfortable.
Seriously. My commute has become an autocross circuit just to avoid the massive holes and breaks in the road....it's like the surface of the moon out there!!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #4828
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
As some of you know, I've been exploring the option of picking up a new [family] friendly car. I was looking into picking up a cheap 3rd car. However with my new job relocation I'll no longer be driving the 'is' Mon - Fri so it didn't make sense to have 2 cars sit the garage -- only to be used on weekends. So with that said, I traded in my 135is for an X3. I was originally going to hold out on purchasing a new car till the summer but I came across a good deal I just couldn't pass on:

2014 X3 xDrive 35i
Single owner, clean Carfax with 2300 miles
Black Sapphire Magic on Black Nevada leather
Cold Weather
Premium
Technology (with HUD)
Driver Ast w/ rear camera

Basically everything minus M-package and HK, the 2 options I could live without. The car originally MSRP'd for $56k, and dealers currently price a similar CPO at $48-49k. I got mine for $39.9k. For this price, you might find 28i's but none with the N55 motor. And best of all, the warranty is good till June 2019 or 75k. Other cars I considered were S3, Allroad, Q5, and 328i xDrive wagon.

Luckily for me, there aren't many mods out there. I'll be keeping her simple: yellow fogs, tints, oem splash guards/mats, black kidney grills and hardwire my V1. Although that Dinantronics N55 tune (360hp/400tq) looks mighty nice haha. And the obligatory photos (of course it rains the day I go to pick up):

I'll definitely be around 1addicts though, X3 forum barely gets any activity. PS buy my Performance / Dinan suspension!

Last edited by 3002 tii; 04-10-2015 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #4829
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is AW/Black 6MT

Very nice X3. Congrats, I love the 35i.
How were you able to swing such a good deal - had it been sitting on the lot for a while? Also, did they treat you fairly on the trade-in?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #4830
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Very nice X3. Congrats, I love the 35i.
How were you able to swing such a good deal - had it been sitting on the lot for a while? Also, did they treat you fairly on the trade-in?
Yea, very generous on the trade-in. When you factor the tax break it was exactly what I was asking for in a private sale. They offered over 2k more than any other dealer. And the X3 was just traded in last Thurs. I put the deposit down on Saturday without even seeing the car because I didn't want to lose out on the sale. First pictures of the car were sent to me this morning lol.

Here's a link to the ad (you can see how they never even had a chance to upload actual photos). May be up for few more days?

http://www.bmwofmamaroneck.com/detai...-13448115.html

Last edited by 3002 tii; 04-09-2015 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #4831
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Yea, very generous on the trade-in. When you factor the tax break it was exactly what I was asking for in a private sale. They offered over 2k more than any other dealer. And the X3 was just traded in over the weekend. I put the deposit down without even seeing the car because I didn't want to lose out on the sale. First pictures of the car were send to me this morning lol.

Here's a link to the ad (you can see how they never even had a chance to upload actual photos). May be up for few more days?

http://www.bmwofmamaroneck.com/detai...-13448115.html
Great, glad to hear they took care of you! It makes you wonder who buys a car like that, drives it only 2,300 miles and then eats all that depreciation?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #4832
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Great, glad to hear they took care of you! It makes you wonder who buys a car like that, drives it only 2,300 miles and then eats all that depreciation?
A woman.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #4833
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Two-Year Service and 11k Miles

Took the car in for her 2-year service, sadly, the first time the CBS has told me to, though it's her 3rd oil change, and also got a brake fluid flush, new air cabin filter, and...new windshield wipers in case it ever rains again in CA.

What's creepy is literally as I rolled into my parking space, the odometer rolled over to 11k miles...at 11am.

I also sat in the austin yellow M4 on the showroom floor at a whopping $72k with cloth seats and man, not sure if anyone has sat in those cloth seats, but they SMELL!!! Smells like a jute rug or something. Really weird and was overwhelming to me. Felt like I was in the rug section at pier 1 or something. BLEH! I actually do like the piss/baby shit yellow though. Buuuuuut, our cars are better, or at least a better value.

Enjoy some pics!

Dropping her off

Showroom Floor - M4, M235i convertible and 428 in this corner. I like that instead of putting PRICES, the dealer has gone with a color-coding scheme? So you pick up this cheat sheet with 20 COLORS and it shows roughly what the monthly payment would be. Brick Red = (900-1000 I believe). How much does that cost? Mint green. Oh. Okay. As long as it's not "Persimmon Orange" like the M235i has.

Creepy, totally unintentional odometer/creepy reading as I parked
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #4834
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Took the car in for her 2-year service, sadly, the first time the CBS has told me to, though it's her 3rd oil change, and also got a brake fluid flush, new air cabin filter, and...new windshield wipers in case it ever rains again in CA.

What's creepy is literally as I rolled into my parking space, the odometer rolled over to 11k miles...at 11am.
lol...well you win the 'creepy 1er owner of the day' award for today!!! haha....that's some wicked coordination, man! WTF!

i really love Austin Yellow as a colour too.....BUT i have seen a few on the road and i will say it looks kind of insane in the road. Screams "look at me"...then again who am i to talk...i think i dig the Yas Marina Blue more than the Austin yellow though.....looks very nice in person, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 10:23 PM   #4835
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
lol...well you win the 'creepy 1er owner of the day' award for today!!! haha....that's some wicked coordination, man! WTF!

i really love Austin Yellow as a colour too.....BUT i have seen a few on the road and i will say it looks kind of insane in the road. Screams "look at me"...then again who am i to talk...i think i dig the Yas Marina Blue more than the Austin yellow though.....looks very nice in person, IMO.
Thanks? =P Tis just fate. Very odd though. Didn't even notice the time at first, just the mileage. I forget who pointed out that my 10k mile shot had exactly 50.0 miles on the trip odometer thing as well.

I should have taken a pic of the M5 in individual british racing green with white leather. did NOT like that, though I think a 135 would look good in a dark dark green, or at least be interesting to see. I also was shocked to see the i8 had a $47k markup! And was sold. They told me they had one earlier marked up $100k! And it sold!

And a link to the M5:
http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/BMW/20...61b918694d.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 12:52 AM   #4836
Kouper
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I should have taken a pic of the M5 in individual british racing green with white leather. did NOT like that, though I think a 135 would look good in a dark dark green, or at least be interesting to see. I also was shocked to see the i8 had a $47k markup! And was sold. They told me they had one earlier marked up $100k! And it sold!

And a link to the M5:
http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/BMW/20...61b918694d.htm
I like the individual BRG color! But I would NEVER buy it with a white interior...it needs a natural brown or tan leather to really go with the BRG. Cool color, definitely different on a large sedan like the M5. The Piss Yellow M4? Not so much, reminds me of the ugly Phoenix Yellow they had on the E46 M3 a few years ago. But I do love the Yas Marina Blue!

So, Greg -- are you living large having the Golf R and the 135is? Can't believe I actually saw a new white Golf R while on a bike ride today...and I have yet to see another 135is around here in two years. Go figure.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 01:08 AM   #4837
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
I like the individual BRG color! But I would NEVER buy it with a white interior...it needs a natural brown or tan leather to really go with the BRG. Cool color, definitely different on a large sedan like the M5. The Piss Yellow M4? Not so much, reminds me of the ugly Phoenix Yellow they had on the E46 M3 a few years ago. But I do love the Yas Marina Blue!

So, Greg -- are you living large having the Golf R and the 135is? Can't believe I actually saw a new white Golf R while on a bike ride today...and I have yet to see another 135is around here in two years. Go figure.
I agree that on its own accord I like the british racing green, though it feels like it should only belong on a jag, with a tan or natural leather like you said. Not a giant boat like the M5.

Y'all are nuts with Yas Marina Blue. And I liked phoenix yellow. I mean, it's no technoviolet, but what is. Sadly, I think a 135 would look good in that as well.

Right now, the R is my daily commuter car, and car for when I need more room, so no more rental cars. The 135is is my fun weekend car, and I'm going to try to make sure I get it out and take it on proper, spirited drives. Might even consider getting the m3 subframe bushings. O=| See what all the rage is about. Even the service guys were mocking me today saying I need to get out and DRIVE the car, enjoy it, put some miles on it, it's still like brand new.

How'd that Golf R look in that pearl white? I haven't seen that color on it in person. Sadly, the only 135is I've ever seen out on the road was popsnburbles in my rearview heading through a canyon. I didn't know it was a 135is though until near the end of my journey and he pulled up next to me, honked, gave me a thumbs up, and THEN i could see it had 313s and the is badging on the back. I also remember when the 1M came out, there was a VO one parked on my street and I thought, I'll see plenty of those...haven't seen a VO out in the wild since.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #4838
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
My experience is similar. Last month I sat in a blue Golf R at the VW dealer, then last week I saw a white Golf R on the road... yet only once have I seen another 135is.

I just passed 15K miles. At Greg's suggestion, I ordered a replacement air filter from Atlantic BMW and it showed up yesterday. I don't expect the filter itself to be too dirty, but I can't wait to see what type of debris is living inside the airbox.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #4839
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVU View Post
My experience is similar. Last month I sat in a blue Golf R at the VW dealer, then last week I saw a white Golf R on the road... yet only once have I seen another 135is.

I just passed 15K miles. At Greg's suggestion, I ordered a replacement air filter from Atlantic BMW and it showed up yesterday. I don't expect the filter itself to be too dirty, but I can't wait to see what type of debris is living inside the airbox.
I replaced mine myself at 15k and noticed a difference in response.
      04-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #4840
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
I agree that on its own accord I like the british racing green, though it feels like it should only belong on a jag, with a tan or natural leather like you said. Not a giant boat like the M5.

Y'all are nuts with Yas Marina Blue. And I liked phoenix yellow. I mean, it's no technoviolet, but what is. Sadly, I think a 135 would look good in that as well.

Right now, the R is my daily commuter car, and car for when I need more room, so no more rental cars. The 135is is my fun weekend car, and I'm going to try to make sure I get it out and take it on proper, spirited drives. Might even consider getting the m3 subframe bushings. O=| See what all the rage is about. Even the service guys were mocking me today saying I need to get out and DRIVE the car, enjoy it, put some miles on it, it's still like brand new.

How'd that Golf R look in that pearl white? I haven't seen that color on it in person. Sadly, the only 135is I've ever seen out on the road was popsnburbles in my rearview heading through a canyon. I didn't know it was a 135is though until near the end of my journey and he pulled up next to me, honked, gave me a thumbs up, and THEN i could see it had 313s and the is badging on the back. I also remember when the 1M came out, there was a VO one parked on my street and I thought, I'll see plenty of those...haven't seen a VO out in the wild since.
the Golf R is a fantastic choice....pretty much all the practicality you could ever need without saying "i give up on life" and buying one of those dismal crossover/suv/minivan things. If i had a brain in this thick skull i'd buy one too.....for the baby arriving in July.

but i don't have a brain, so the 1M is going to be my 'family car'. GENIUS! maybe next year i'll get a Golf TDI or something for the wife....for now everyone will just have to be snug and sporty together! At least when my kid is 20 years old, he can show his friends that he grew up in NYC being driven around in a 1M.....which should hopefully be worth $20 million by then...NOT!! lol

BTW how much was the Golf R? under $40k? such a great all around car it looks like. The upcoming Focus RS looks amazing too.

Last edited by IEDEI; 04-12-2015 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 0