BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
HOG4DNR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Ipod Problem

I got in the car today and popped on the iPod on the head unit and all it did was start scrolling songs. It worked fine all morning this happened all of a sudden.

Anyone have any ideas on what happened?

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #2
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

Can you be a little more specific, when you say it started scrolling songs, was this on the Head Unit? Did you do anything like press one of the selection buttons before it started happening, or did the song names just appear and magically start scrolling down the screen?

A couple of things maybe going on, was a button on the Steering Wheel or Head Unit stuck in by any chance. Alternatively, MP3 players will often display a filename, then move on to the next while playing if the file is corrupt. Or, if the Aux cable gets pulled out of the socket, that could potentially cause a problem where the HU tries to play songs over the USB cord, but can't if the AAC files (just purely speculation that one).

If it is still happening, I would try disconnecting and reconnecting all the cables from the iPod and the car, and you could also hard-reset the iPod (which does not wipe any music). Apple's iPod Hard Resetting instructions can be found here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320