BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
ThePredator1987
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Audio/Radio/iPod Cuts Out

Hello Everyone, this is my first post here. I've read the FAQ's about the issues with the audio cutting off for a few seconds then coming back on but my issue is a bit more interesting. I don't have the Navigation installed so its a Professional audio setup. So i'll hop into the car, turn it on and my Music starts playing (doesn't seem to matter if its my iPod or radio) and about 5 seconds to several minutes later it will completely shut off, including the radio dash (the display screen that shows radio station, song, etc.). The SOS button on the roof of the car (forward of the sun roof) will have the green light on it turn on for a few seconds then turn off. Usually my sound will come back on for a few more seconds (or minutes) but sometimes the SOS light will illuminate again and stay on for several seconds with the Audio dash still displaying nothing. I am going to take it to the dealer down the way so hopefully they can take a look at it. I'm just curious if there is anyone who has had the problem and was able to fix it. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0