06-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
sjw985
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (BSM)

Replacement battery?

Greetings all,

Due to a confluence of events leading to a very busy first half of 2014, my car sat in the garage unloved for a little too long and the battery is completely dead. I tried to charge it over a period of time but it's definitely toast. We're talking < 6V. Dumb me, mea culpa, won't happen again. I have a good trickle charger now.

So, that stipulated.

I'm in a unique situation where I won't be able to get the car on the road legally to get to a dealer (even with a jump) until I get it inspected... and since the battery died, it won't pass inspection until, as you know, it has a couple of driving cycles on it.

As another limiting factor, the car goes out of warranty in about two weeks and I actually do have a couple of minor things that need to get fixed, so I need to get it to the dealer this week.

Step 1 is I need a battery, with the understanding that I won't be able to-have it registered right away but will within the next week when I can legally drive it on the public roads to the dealer.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement battery for the 1M? I have all the major outlets available in my area (and a second car to pick it up in).

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
OneM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M

Odyssey makes great batteries.. plus they're light weight too
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
sjw985
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (BSM)

I'm trying to find something that I can pick up locally ... does anyone know if this one would work?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/a...00%7CL3*15597#

Autozone recommended a different one, but it was only 730CCA and the one in my car is definitely 760.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 12:41 AM   #4
671rover
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '94 D90, '95 D90 SW, '11 VO 1M

Is the battery under some sort of warranty? If so, with the short time frame left on your warranty, why don't you have it towed to your dealer and also have the minor things sorted out. Then take it to have it inspected.
Appreciate 0