BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' Sapphire Black M5

1/2 CEL under full Load then Disappeared. Thoughts?

Driving down route 66 and I have a VW jetta tailgating me. I'm in fifth gear and instead of downshifting to fourth I accidentally up shifted to sixth gear and hammered the throttle. RPMS dropped to around 2k during this shift and I had m foot to the floor. Around 105 MPH I hear a pop (first thought was charge pipe) my CEL pops on and I lose all power. Nav displays how engine can still be driven but must not be pushed blah blah.. I look for a spot to pull over but about 1 minute after this happens, boost returns and the CEL goes away. I have been giving it the business ever since to try and replicate the issue if it really is my HPFP dying. Is there any way we can flood a FI engine? From my understanding it isn't possible. Any similar experiences? I can't read the code so I have no idea. Maybe a misfire? My tach is pretty steady at idle with very minute fluctuation when coming to a stop, it takes a second to hit normal idle. Mods are, jb4, catless DPS, e30 mix, BMS DCI. car has 55k miles on it. Plugs and oil will be changed June 1. Approx 55k on the plugs and 5k on the oil.

Thanks in advance.

Lou
Appreciate 0