BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #23
scorcherjf
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
The computer is always there making decisions for you regardless of mode activated, thus killing precious time at launch. An lsd should have been part of the sport package, so when disabling the system the driver is given full control of the car. Also, don't expect your Steptronic to shift itself with absolute precision, at full throttle it will shift itself between 6,500 and just under redline. Maybe it's the tach?
Ultimately once you nail the precise shift points, maybe using the paddles will produce the fastest acceleration. That said, there is no other car in this price range that strikes my fancy.
Doesn't the torque band kind of taper off after 6500? Maybe that's why it shifts then and not at redline
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #24
Iliveforthis
The Ice Cream Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

thanks a lot for all the input guys- really informative

another quick question i guess ill just ask on this thread opposed to starting the new one. i tried the steptronic today and it was awesome, i was just wondering if its normal, when your in like 3rd gear and your approaching a stop sign, you downshift and the engine revs itself a little. i was downshifting with my foot completely off the gass and it was still revving- it sounded aggressive- just making sure this is alright....

thanks again guys
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #25
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliveforthis View Post
thanks a lot for all the input guys- really informative

another quick question i guess ill just ask on this thread opposed to starting the new one. i tried the steptronic today and it was awesome, i was just wondering if its normal, when your in like 3rd gear and your approaching a stop sign, you downshift and the engine revs itself a little. i was downshifting with my foot completely off the gass and it was still revving- it sounded aggressive- just making sure this is alright....

thanks again guys

That is what I think is called bliping the throttle on downshifts
      12-06-2008, 10:26 PM   #26
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
It did not shift itself at 6,500 nor 6,900, but in between the two. One gear at 6,500 the next at 6,700, then 6,600, 6,900 etc...
I expected an exact shift point every time...
I've read on here that the optimum shift points on the 135i are different and not always at the red line I think only 1st and 2nd gear are at 7k rest is less