05-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
My main reason for going GIAC, is because they are local and I personally feel that there gains will be more realistic for me considering they are tuning and running their car in the same conditions from fuel, air, sea level, etc in the exact same paramaters that I will be in. I feel the evolve will produce less for the local cali guys then in europe for the reasons mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #24
old account 2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stage 3 B5 S4, C5 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
My concern is not the dealer, nor am I concerned on that issue. I just like having the ability to do it myself as most of the local dealers are not available to do this on a right now basis, so its nice to come home just put the battery tender on and let it work while you get things done then come back and its all done. More convenience then anything.

Also my other concern is always if BMW is to update the ECU on the car while in service, that would override the "GIAC" tune in this case and therefore would have to revisit the GIAC dealer correct?
Yes, if BMW updates the DME it will erase any aftermarket programming. In this instance, we offer a free re-flash at your nearest GIAC dealer.

Last edited by old account 2; 06-01-2012 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0