E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Can I some get love...?

09-09-2005, 09:05 AM   #23
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_h
Those pictures are indeed painful to look at.
They´re just pictures of a blody dent in a door. Can we get some perspective here? Turn on your TV and you´ll see some live pictures of way more painfull things.
      09-09-2005, 09:11 AM   #24
Red
Chris Bangle For Prez
Rep
Drives: Ford (yea, I know)

Most body shops WILL NOT replace the entire door. They replace the "skin", the thin sheetmetal they weld unto the damaged door. But make sure you ask a lot of questions before you choose a body shop.
      09-09-2005, 09:37 AM   #25
mr2uboy
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Most body shops WILL NOT replace the entire door. They replace the "skin", the thin sheetmetal they weld unto the damaged door. But make sure you ask a lot of questions before you choose a body shop.
The body shop that I take to is a BMW certified body shop. They told me to that the door has to be replace since it's a new model car, there are aftermarket parts for it. The order has been placed already.
A/T
Packages: Sport, Premium, Cold
Power rear sunshade
Sat. prep.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 09:40 AM   #26
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Man, that totally sucks!! I like your rims though. Most of the people that got into an accident with their E90 were not at fault, which worries me. There really are some crazy drivers out there.....
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #27
djfreex
Rep
Drives: E90 Wannabe

Sorry for the accident
I hope people learn to use their rearview mirrors one day
Are they gonna replace the door only?
To put the one door in costs 4K? wow
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 10:20 AM   #28
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfreex
Sorry for the accident
I hope people learn to use their rearview mirrors one day
Are they gonna replace the door only?
To put the one door in costs 4K? wow
It only cost 4k if somebodys insurance is covering it. If it´s your own fault and you have to pay for it yourself and you tell the shop, it´s going to be cheaper...
      09-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #29
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

dont worry dude, it just looks bad, but its really just a dent, as if a shopping car were to roll into the door. as long as the pillar didnt get bent, the car didnt suffer an structural damage, changing the door wont be a problem...

i remember my first accident, happend on my 18th birthday, one block from home. some girl ran a stop and hit me right in the drivers side door...she claims she was playing with her earring and it fell off. i got 4g from gieco to fix the two driver side doors (my moms 97 corolla). i went to a junk yard got 2 doors, got my uncle to paint them at his shop..total cost $300. No way was i spending 4gs on a car that was only worth 3g. the car look and felt exactly the same as before. my parents and i were pissed tho because i technically drove illegaly for about a year while i was 17, and on my 18th bday, i get into an accident, and u know what happens when a teen gets into a accident, insurance goes up. so basically, i got into an accident on my first day of legal driving. it was a good thing i switched my permit with the real license that i had got in the mail the day before or i would have been in trouble.

when ordering the doors, make sure they are not ordering panels either, tell them to reuse the panels from ur door.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 05:38 PM   #30
mr2uboy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat
dont worry dude, it just looks bad, but its really just a dent, as if a shopping car were to roll into the door. as long as the pillar didnt get bent, the car didnt suffer an structural damage, changing the door wont be a problem...

i remember my first accident, happend on my 18th birthday, one block from home. some girl ran a stop and hit me right in the drivers side door...she claims she was playing with her earring and it fell off. i got 4g from gieco to fix the two driver side doors (my moms 97 corolla). i went to a junk yard got 2 doors, got my uncle to paint them at his shop..total cost $300. No way was i spending 4gs on a car that was only worth 3g. the car look and felt exactly the same as before. my parents and i were pissed tho because i technically drove illegaly for about a year while i was 17, and on my 18th bday, i get into an accident, and u know what happens when a teen gets into a accident, insurance goes up. so basically, i got into an accident on my first day of legal driving. it was a good thing i switched my permit with the real license that i had got in the mail the day before or i would have been in trouble.

when ordering the doors, make sure they are not ordering panels either, tell them to reuse the panels from ur door.
Thanks for the advise. When it comes to the car mechanics and such I am pretty much a 40yr old virgin. I contacted the body shop and ask if there were any damage to the pillar, he indicated that there were damage to the pillar but only cosmetic damage nothing that would affect the structure integrity of the vehicle. I also ask him if they were going to reuse the existing panels and he said yes, they will only replace the sheet metal of the door and paint it, they will put back all the existing parts.
A/T
Power rear sunshade
Sat. prep.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #31
mc68386
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i 6MT

Ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
They´re just pictures of a blody dent in a door. Can we get some perspective here? Turn on your TV and you´ll see some live pictures of way more painfull things.
Ugh... Why would you say something like that? If that's really how you feel, why not leave the BMW forums and go to a more "important" forum?
People here realize what's going on and don't need you to rank our priorities for us or offer perspective.
      09-10-2005, 03:27 AM   #32
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc68386
Ugh... Why would you say something like that? If that's really how you feel, why not leave the BMW forums and go to a more "important" forum?
People here realize what's going on and don't need you to rank our priorities for us or offer perspective.
Tierfreund is a valuable member of this forum, he was only putting some much needed perspective in this thread.

Getting hit by another car sucks (especially in a new BMW) but the damage isn't so severe that it can't be fixed up like new. Luckily it wasn't a hit and run (popular here in L.A.)

mr2uboy, Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you car get fixed soon and looks like new once again. Best of luck to you.
      09-10-2005, 08:18 AM   #33
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Sorry about that crash! Im sure your baby will be fine!

I had that happen to me too, the exact same situation..
I was at a stop sign, and this man in a f-150 backed out of his parking spot into my car.. well i couldnt move also, i was inbtwn the cars. But i saw him, so i was honking like a mad woman, and still nothing.

So after he hit me, he saw that i was young (it was my 1st car), and tried telling me that he didnt hit my car. I couldnt believe this jerk-off! I had glass from my turning signal all over the street! And he asked, ok prove to me that i hit you, i told him hey asshole look at the pavement!.. ok now look at my light!.... Finally he gave me his info after arguing with him :mad:
:mad: ARGHH! Like you said. Some men are so irritating sometimes. Especially when they behave this way just because one is a woman. They simply expect all of them to be the infamous dum-blonde. Sometimes, makes me wish for a sex change . No wait. I like woman to much (as a man of course).

Sorry to hear about accident. In all perpective, it's only metal and plastic. No one got hurt and insurance pays it all. Still it's always frustrating when it happens with a brand new car !

Maybe I should ask for some loving too. Just lost my job this week after 10 years of service . I am still waiting delivery of my E90 and of course still wondering if I should cancel it or not and keep my current E46 .

But again some people are in worst shape than I am ...

http://www.benoitchampagne.com
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 08:29 AM   #34
e9tee
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: ///AMG C36

So sorry to hear and that pic IS very painful...but like what ^^^ said...a painted new door and even you won't remember what happened
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #35
mr2uboy
Rep

Thanks everyone for your advise, input and support. It will probably take a couple of weeks before I get my car back. I'll post some pics once its done.
A/T
Power rear sunshade
Sat. prep.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 02:36 AM   #36
rojasorone
Rep
Drives:

So sorry dude, so sorry
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2005, 03:53 AM   #37