BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-08-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
XCC Motorsports
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Stock DP minus cat-back sound? n55

Has anyone here removed the stock mid-pipe & axle back to see how it sounded? I was hoping I could find out if any turbo sound would be heard with ONLY the stock downpipe in place. I would like to know if there is an increase in turbo sound by doing a straight through design cat-back.

I recently reverted back to a stock downpipe after being catless and I loved the sound but couldn't handle the smell. Trying to see if there is any hope with the stock DP. I know, I know... it won't sound even close to catless. Just looking for a little bit of added spool sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
TheJerseyDon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30M3,GTI,718GTS

I can say i have the berk muffler delete on and its sounds crazy!! it is loud but wow from inside with dct everyone loves it's exotic sound. you do get turbo spool out the back under load and high rpm but not no cat dp, also to be honest this exhaust is not for everyone. on cold start up its intense neighbors are totally pissed but once it warms up its good to go.
Appreciate 0