12-14-2011, 05:49 PM   #24
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaktree View Post
Did they have it covered for you and have an unveiling?
They were going to, but they lost the 2nd key and were turning the place upside down looking for it and so I walked in and there it was with the cool silver sheet in a pile next to it. I didn't care because the car is just so dang beautiful it shouldn't hide under a silver sheet. When I saw it, I just started smiling!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #25
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Congrats on the new ride! Looks great. To answer your question, sadly, there really isn't any magical recipe for keeping a black car looking pristine at all times. I owned 2 black cars back to back and they used to be a part time job for me.

Best you could do is employ the common techniques to keep your paint looking as good as possible over time (i.e.: 2 bucket wash systems - I personally use 3 buckets, microfiber everything, good shampoo/sealant/wax/detailing products, etc).
What is your preferred shampoo/sealant/wax/detailing products? I have been looking in the detailing forum but the information is dense.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #26
Sabre89
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM

Congrats buckeyegirl! Great color choice.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #27
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Welcome to the 1M owners club from the Scottish chapter.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #28
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

welcome and congrats on being the 2nd best looking BSM owner, after me of course.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #29
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

I predict this thread gets to 300+ pages. Welcome from another BSM owner!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #30
1978.530i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

I love that you look to be checking out your 1M's ass in pic #2. The car's best visual attribute IMO!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #31
1M SUSI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 //1M Alpine White

Congratulations Buckeyegirl !!

Quote:
We should do a poll to see what is the number of women vs guys that owns 1M's!

Yes there are other girls that own this fantastic car. Please do yourself the favor and take it for a track day. That's the only way you can truly appreciate the limits of this car. The street just doesn't do it justice. The only justice is when people realize that it's a girl driving the car and nearly drive off the road and twist there necks to take a look. Nice ride girlfriend.

///1M Girl Power!!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #32
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M SUSI View Post
Congratulations Buckeyegirl !!

Yes there are other girls that own this fantastic car. Please do yourself the favor and take it for a track day. That's the only way you can truly appreciate the limits of this car. The street just doesn't do it justice. The only justice is when people realize that it's a girl driving the car and nearly drive off the road and twist there necks to take a look. Nice ride girlfriend.

///1M Girl Power!!

What she said!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #33
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2

BEAURY & THE BEAST :-)
just incase you haven't watched it before, this is for you and for all 1M lovers.
Jeremy Clarkson's best show ever...testing and adoring the 1M.
it's on my iDisk as I couldn't find it on YouTube anymore!
here's the link:
https://public.me.com/roudy
password: aristocat

enjoy
      12-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #34
Juiced1M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Congrats Op!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #35
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rori zahr View Post
BEAURY & THE BEAST :-)
just incase you haven't watched it before, this is for you and for all 1M lovers.
Jeremy Clarkson's best show ever...testing and adoring the 1M.
it's on my iDisk as I couldn't find it on YouTube anymore!
here's the link:
https://public.me.com/roudy
password: aristocat

enjoy
OMG, I couldn't find it either, I finally found it on some Japanese version of YouTube, but I don't think it's there anymore!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #36
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
So the car's finally in, congrats! I look forward to seeing it out at HPR for the next BMW club HPDE.
      12-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #37
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
So the car's finally in, congrats! I look forward to seeing it out at HPR for the next BMW club HPDE.
Absolutely!!! Thank you soooo much!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #38
rori zahr
AristoCat
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: M2

it makes me sad to think that I paid for my 125 what you guys pays for your 1M :-(
blessed are those of you who lives in the US ;-)
      12-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #39
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
What is your preferred shampoo/sealant/wax/detailing products? I have been looking in the detailing forum but the information is dense.
+1 on the 3bucket method

swissvax (svizöl) products only for my bsm

congrats on the car! das beste auto in der schönsten farbe!

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #40
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
Quote:
Congrats on the new ride! Looks great. To answer your question, sadly, there really isn't any magical recipe for keeping a black car looking pristine at all times. I owned 2 black cars back to back and they used to be a part time job for me.

Best you could do is employ the common techniques to keep your paint looking as good as possible over time (i.e.: 2 bucket wash systems - I personally use 3 buckets, microfiber everything, good shampoo/sealant/wax/detailing products, etc).
Everything I'm going to mention can be purchased from detailedimage.com - this is where I order all my detailing products from.

- 3 5-gallon buckets with grids in them (you buy the bottom grids separately). One to be used for water and soap, one for rinsing the mitt every time you're done with a section, and I incorporated a third one for strictly wheels and tires since I don't let anything that touches the wheels to touch the rest of the car.

- sheepskin/microfiber wash mitt. Also a separate sponge/mitt for the wheels.

- microfiber waffle weave drying towel (1 or 2). Don't use anything else to dry your car.

- blackfire wet diamond paint sealant and blackfire quick detailer. Personally I don't use waxes given that this sealant gives amazing gloss and depth on top of its sealing abilities. Some people choose to wax over it but it's not necessary.

- a few applicator pads for the products above.

- a good shampoo with high lubrication properties/high suds. Menzerna/poorboy's/chemical guys etc. I've used all and have stuck to poor boy's super suds shampoo.

- buy a good wheel sealant to keep the brake dust off...they have a few to select from. Make sure to also buy brushes to wash your wheels/barrels...they have some pretty neat ones that slide in between the spokes and reach everywhere on the wheels.

This is enough to get you started. In 3-6 months get a clay bar kit and go over your entire car before applying the sealant again. Some individuals do this right off the bat but my car's finish was flawless when I took delivery so I skipped it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #41
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Everything I'm going to mention can be purchased from detailedimage.com - this is where I order all my detailing products from.
- 3 5-gallon buckets with grids in them (you buy the bottom grids separately). One to be used for water and soap, one for rinsing the mitt every time you're done with a section, and I incorporated a third one for strictly wheels and tires since I don't let anything that touches the wheels to touch the rest of the car.
- sheepskin/microfiber wash mitt. Also a separate sponge/mitt for the wheels.
- microfiber waffle weave drying towel (1 or 2). Don't use anything else to dry your car.
- blackfire wet diamond paint sealant and blackfire quick detailer. Personally I don't use waxes given that this sealant gives amazing gloss and depth on top of its sealing abilities. Some people choose to wax over it but it's not necessary.
- a few applicator pads for the products above.
- a good shampoo with high lubrication properties/high suds. Menzerna/poorboy's/chemical guys etc. I've used all and have stuck to poor boy's super suds shampoo.
- buy a good wheel sealant to keep the brake dust off...they have a few to select from. Make sure to also buy brushes to wash your wheels/barrels...they have some pretty neat ones that slide in between the spokes and reach everywhere on the wheels.
This is enough to get you started. In 3-6 months get a clay bar kit and go over your entire car before applying the sealant again. Some individuals do this right off the bat but my car's finish was flawless when I took delivery so I skipped it.
or simply take the sacrilege road: visit the car wash.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #42
speedM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2106 X3 35i, 1M, 05 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
or simply take the sacrilege road: visit the car wash.
Good way to get that swirl finish on your bsm!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #43
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

I agree with everything that was said above except for the only using microfiber to dry. I prefer a 100% Cotton Towel with all the edges cut off. There are some crappy Micro Fiber Towels being sold in stores that have tons of polyester threads around the edges that will swirl up a paint job pretty good.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #44
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
I agree with everything that was said above except for the only using microfiber to dry. I prefer a 100% Cotton Towel with all the edges cut off. There are some crappy Micro Fiber Towels being sold in stores that have tons of polyester threads around the edges that will swirl up a paint job pretty good.

Thats true about the quality of MF and the edges causing swirls. Test it on a CD-R if it scratches it it will scratch your paint. I find that the MF itself wont, but the edges definitely do. Best advice if you have to use a rag is to fold all the edges in.... even then anything trapped between the MF and the surface can cause a scratch/swirl.

I use a dryer to dry the little water that doesnt sheet off my car during the wash.
Appreciate 0