BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #23
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Okay, you want complaints? Here you go....

(1) It's insulting that I can't buy power lumbar in a BMW 1er or 3er without also getting the Premium Package. Make this a stand-alone option, like they do in the entire rest of the world, please. When I ordered my car, there was nothing in the Premium Package I wanted other than the power lumbar and power seats (and I got the power seats as a stand-alone.)

(2) You're still selling cars that have radio displays that go invisible when I wear polarized lenses?

(3) No keyslot available to open the trunk in my 2009 135i. Weak.

(4) While we're on the subject, I didn't really want a sunroof, either, but had to take one....
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #24
Itanius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
Okay, you want complaints? Here you go....

(1) It's insulting that I can't buy power lumbar in a BMW 1er or 3er without also getting the Premium Package. Make this a stand-alone option, like they do in the entire rest of the world, please. When I ordered my car, there was nothing in the Premium Package I wanted other than the power lumbar and power seats (and I got the power seats as a stand-alone.)

(2) You're still selling cars that have radio displays that go invisible when I wear polarized lenses?

(3) No keyslot available to open the trunk in my 2009 135i. Weak.

(4) While we're on the subject, I didn't really want a sunroof, either, but had to take one....
He's a salesman, not a BMW engineer.
      10-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #25
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

My local BMW Sales person is great. I find it is the GM or dealership that sucks. I had to put him in his place once since the GM did not want to sell me the Z4 at the price I wanted. I went to Kuni in Portland. They sold me a Z4 for the price I wanted to pay and gave me a great deal on my e46 trade in. Did it all through phone/e-mail sending pictures of my e46. Now the dealer knows I will walk and makes the deal happen when I come in to buy a new car.

And like many on here I know way more about the cars they are selling than they do so I look for the BS when I deal with a Sales person.

And that going back and forth to the GM thing is BS. I have a few rules about buying cars and one of them is the 3 strikes rule. Three trips to the GM and I am out of there. If you have to go to the GM more that three times I am dealing with the wrong guy. I want to deal with the GM directly. Walked out of many dealerships in my days due to this rule but always find someone that wants my money.

I hope you can learn from this thread. It is unbelievable when I want to buy a car, will pay with a bank draft and they do not want to sell me the car. Go to another dealer and deal is done in 30 minuets. If I was a GM I would teach my crew to recognize these people like me and don’t let the cash get away. It’s much like my vacation rentals. About Thursday I will lower the price if the places are not rented for the weekend and someone asks. I get many weekend renters this way I would not normally get which equates cash in my pocket I would not normally get.
      10-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
Kamal
Indian Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 540i M, '11 Ducati M796

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [7.56]
2011 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkp1187 View Post
You know there's a relatively cheap and easy fix for that by cutting out a sheet of transparent plastic and putting it in the display? There's a thread in the DIY section about it. Either way, I get your point about how BMW has failed to fix that problem, regardless if a DIY fix exists or not.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #27
bluephobic(1)
Inspiring the youth of tommorow...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AllTheTQ's

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Complaints

1. Ok I am 24 and I consider myself very much a "car guy" I can't stand it when I step into a BMWNA dealership and I can't get any service; is it common place to stereotype young buyers in a manner that deserves less respect than lets say a mid 30's couple and just giving you an idea of who I am I have been active service for 5 years in The Navy and payed for all of my toys in cash

2. When I went to buy my 135i I took my grandfather with me hopefully to pursuade him into looking at the BMW line, and the salesmen there would consistently check on him

3. Even when He told the dealership staff that I was the one that was shopping they still tried to talk through him to me like he was buying the car WTF BMW get of your high horse

Summary: Maybe I had a bad experience but I feel that I am not alone on the younger side of the house and how High end Manufacturers treat us

BTW this was a certain small Dealership in northern OHIO that started with a G and ended with a Y.....
991.1 911 GT3 Guards red over black alcantara
P13 570GT MSO Volcano Red over saddle tan
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #28
instag8tr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 sphr blk 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephobic(1) View Post
Complaints

1. Ok I am 24 and I consider myself very much a "car guy" I can't stand it when I step into a BMWNA dealership and I can't get any service; is it common place to stereotype young buyers in a manner that deserves less respect than lets say a mid 30's couple and just giving you an idea of who I am I have been active service for 5 years in The Navy and payed for all of my toys in cash

2. When I went to buy my 135i I took my grandfather with me hopefully to pursuade him into looking at the BMW line, and the salesmen there would consistently check on him

3. Even when He told the dealership staff that I was the one that was shopping they still tried to talk through him to me like he was buying the car WTF BMW get of your high horse

Summary: Maybe I had a bad experience but I feel that I am not alone on the younger side of the house and how High end Manufacturers treat us

BTW this was a certain small Dealership in northern OHIO that started with a G and ended with a Y.....

I am in my mid thirties and I still get treated this way at the local BMW dealer. They don't even acknowledge me meanwhile I watch them open doors for other customers. I even left a negative feedback on my one and only survey i received. To sum it up as I told them they need to quit profiling.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #29
bluephobic(1)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I cant wait for the day I have cash to play with some more $$ cars ie M5's and the sort and I have a negative experience with a SA and I pretty much tell his boss that the reason why he didn't make the sale was because of A B C and so on and get his ass fired.

I walk into A BMW dealership expecting more, I expect for the SA to know lil facts I dont know. and impress me with there knowledge of there product, more and more I feel like BMWNA dealerships are more and more worried about the perfect "10" and moving product than what there costumers experiences are like......my honest 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #30
bluephobic(1)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
on another thought would it be to much to have a sales staff that had a passion for there product I genuinly like talking with these people there should be more of them
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #31
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

My sales person dropped the ball on my color selection. I had ordered my 09 128 in SGM/Coral Red just before BMW dropped that color for the 1. Unable to decide between AW and Montego Blue (which I had not seen in person and Lemans Bluw was not out yet) I told her to absolutely get in touch with me for a final decision before my car goes into production. Well you can guess what happened.

At the time, finding another production allottment, became a hassle so I took delivery of my third choice color combo: AW/Coral.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #32
bluephobic(1)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
That is unacceptable
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #33
H2K595
Professional Duct-Tape Technician
Germany
Rep
Drives: Black e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek1200 View Post
OK, I'm brand spanking new to the forum (being a member that is) and I'm a saleman for BMW. Believe me when I say that I understand and respect most of your inconsolable hatred for car salesman. I hate me as well. That aside, if there is anything i can do for any of you please let me know/ send me dead fish or whatever. I don't mean sales, i mean tracking cars, answering questions, or being a target for threats and complaints. No joke, tell me your gripes and i'll try to help. Thanks for the hopeful acceptance into you're hallowed ranks!
Can you tell me if putting aftermarket exhaust, lowering springs, or air intake will void my warranty on a 135. The mechanics I know at Rick Hendrick say it will unless they are BMW Performance parts, I think they want another sale personally. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #34
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
If you want our kudos, do what other BMS sales people don't - support 1Addicts.
For example, go to your regional subforum and get involved with some meets.
      10-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #35
miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephobic(1) View Post
Complaints

This is called "Curb-Side Qualifying"

When I went into buy my 1st BMW ('99 E36 M3) from Classic BMW in Mentor, OHIO I was 25. I wanted to test drive one out front. The salesman asked if would like to have my parents come in before test driving.

He refused. Said it was their policy. I laughed and left.

For the next week I searched within 500 miles for an M3 with the package and wheels I wanted. No luck. I circled back around and the area and called Cleveland BMW (Davis Automotive Group) in Solon, OHIO. I asked the sales person to describe the wheels. She said they were kind of chunky. I said I'll be right up. Most M3s came with M Double Spoke II. Few had the newer Forged M Double Spoke. They were closed when I arrived. And there she was. I thought that '98 was the last year of the M Contour II. NOPE. Called the next day and requested a test drive..."Absolutely Sir, What time can I expect you (Red carpetish) Test drove it and signed papers.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/faq/E36_M3_Wheels.jpg

As the coup de grace, I took it back to Classic BMW for my 1st service and made it a point to let the sales person know I bought one and exactly what I paid for.

I went to Ganley BMW in Middleburg Heights for the 135i and received similar "Curb-side Qualifying." I was sorta ignored until I asked for assistance. The purchasing was uneventful, the DELIVERY was the worst car buying experience I have ever experienced. Basically, I had a 4-day weekend planned. Was supposed to be delivered Thursday afternoon and take the new car on a roadtrip. NOPE. They said, "We had a lot of cars to deliver today." BUT NOT MINE!!! Ok, how bout Friday...NOPE "Our finance manager will not be in Friday."

I almost canceled the deal. After a week, I calmed down and signed the papers and TORE THEM UP on the survey. I posted about that experience too.

Sorry for the long post

miiipilot
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #36
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
My salesman was GREAT!!!! I can't say the same for the car or my service department...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #37
NucGal
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

My overall buying experience was one of the least "painful" in my many years of purchasing cars.

One suggestion; treat women as real buyers and auto enthusiasts. I was totally ignored at one dealership and at another was asked the proverbial "what color car you looking for?" before being asked what model I was interested in. Another dealer kept telling me I wanted the 128 definitely not the 135 as that was "too much car for me". Huh, this lady learned to drive on a 66 GTO stick.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #38
tommyttime
TommyTTime
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Gray 135i Coupe

I purchased a 2010 135i at Chapman BMW in Chandler Arizona. My SA (Bits) was really knowledgeable about the model I was purchasing and also a enthusiast himself.. Had a Good overall experience...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #39
bluephobic(1)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
haha on the subject of informed SA, one of my first conversations over the phone with my dealership some guy not to name any names (Carl) over the phone tried to tell me the car i was interested in had about 300hp and was a 3.5 liter 6 cylinder that could shut down 1/2 the cylinders to save fuel economy........Ummm right hopefully It was just Ashton Kutcher on the other end of the phone that day buy i fear it wasn't

ME. so can you tell me somethings about the engine in the 135i compared to the 128i
SA. of course I love our cars its a 3.5 liter straight 6 that can shut down the left bank of cylinders to save fuel..a high compression ratio of 9.5=1 ensures you have almost 300hp at your disposal
ME. Hmm interesting I didnt know there were "banks" of cylinders on a inline 6 engine

And that was it I couldn't stop laughing so I hung up
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #40
Mikeshot1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Sedona Red 135i Coupe

Overall had very good experiences.
Once I went with my brother to buy a Trans Am and we knew more about the car with very little research before hand.
The only thing is when I get low balled for my trade in my thousands of dollars. I end up telling them that your going to not only make money on the trade in but also on the new car. They usually go up quite a bit but love that little pocket Galves book too much!
Yeah, but overall good experiences with car sales people.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #41
JimmyT
Redneck Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

To the OP... welcome to the form and hoe your having a great time selling cars for BMW.

In a word, my SA was fantastic. I was a long sale (about 4 months to talk myself into it) an he worked with me with class and patience. Buying the car was about a 3 hour process, and i was very happy to drive it home that night. I helped out the dealer on the survey, and have since recommended anyone that I thought might like to own a BMW to my SA.
      10-11-2010, 01:40 AM   #42
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Hello to another BMW CA!!

How did you do last quarter with the perf. bonus?

P.S. The people on this forum I've sold cars to have been very nice actually.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #43
BMW-NC
Selling drugs to BMW addicts
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i e82 6MT N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post

The day I called my bank to send over the checks from the States was the day the volcano erupted. He was there again to help me thru that situation. I would recommend Pentagon Auto Sales to anyone and everyone looking to buy a BMW/Mini here in Ramstein. Great people.

Thank you for the Kind Words!!

Hello to the Sales Rep who started this tjread!

To all the people that want to chage the available options: talk to BMW Marketing / Prod. Dev., not to those (us) lowest in the food chain....

Ray
Pentagon Car Sales Heidelberg
      10-11-2010, 07:04 AM   #44
bluephobic(1)
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I was going to start a new thread on this but does anyone know where I can find a great SA in OH??
Appreciate 0