BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
135BANDIT
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 BMT & X5 Msport

I drive , Pedals and JB3 advice

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the following is available in Australia.

speed camera and stop light cameras for 2010 pro nav / I drive with hard drive

TV transmitter add on for I drive ?

Anyone connected the I drive device that allows playback of your DVD whilst in motion ?

Anyone fitted the M Aluminium series pedals available on Ebay

Is their a Sydney based BMW tuner who knows about the JB3 tuner tool.

Thanks Jimmy Dean
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #2
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135BANDIT View Post
Hi

Can anyone tell me if the following is available in Australia.

Anyone connected the I drive device that allows playback of your DVD whilst in motion ?

Thanks Jimmy Dean
Speed camera and red light cameras can be added to your DVD, but if you have a HDD based iDrive then not sure. You'd need to see if you can upload your own back up to the HDD version, if so then it's probably possible.

Tune wise look at the proceed v3, local support via Adrian@vishnu in Sydney. He is one of the brains behind the hardware, and it much more feature rich than the JB3.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:

Thanks Jimmy Dean
You can purchase the TV tuner add on, but I do not know of anyone who has done it on here?

Again with the in-motion playback, I am not sure if anyone has done it, seems to be a technica DIY job though.

Nobody in Australia technically distributes the JB3, anyone who has it has purchased from the US and imported it. If you have any questions you can email Terry from BMS and he apparently has EXCELLENT service and fast replies. I have never needed to ask him anything, such is the reliability and ease of the JB3.

Don't want to go on and debate JB3 vs Procede as each has their pros and cons. If you want something simple, cheap, reliable and massive fan base, go JB3. I you want something more technical that you can set more parameters and have a few more $ get the Procede.

Fact is, both make similar power, both seem to be reliable.

ps- JB3 2.0 has a lot more features than the current 1.4 so may be worth waiting for, although you can purchase the beta product now.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

135 Bandit,

As far as I know, the JB3 has no local Australian Distrinutor. Apparently the support is pretty good from the states though.

In the case of the Procede, I am the co-developer of the Procede and also the Australian distributor. I carry stock and can generally supply immediately, and provide an Australian Invoice including GST. I can also install your unit and optimise it for your setup as well as provide phone support for all waking hours local time. I am confident I can offer a level of support above and beyond JB3.

As for which product suits you best, there is plenty of info available. All I will say is that there is nothing the JB3 does that the Procede cannot, though some things are done differently (eg. with Procede you install maps suitable to your car and then select from 3, in JB3 you have all maps for all cars installed all the time and select from 8 or 9? but most people only use 2 or 3). There is quite a bit the Procede does the JB3 cannot. The only con of the Procede is it costs a few hundred more, but many JB3 owners need addons which makes the cost similar.

However you did ask about JB3, so I was only posting here to get some facts straight. It is NOT simply a case of a JB3 being a cheaper version of a Procede that does the same thing. The extra $$$ offers excellent value for money. They make similar max power, but power is not everything unless you spend most of your driving on the quarter mile.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #5
135BANDIT
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 BMT & X5 Msport

thanks Adrian ,

Can you supply your contact details via PM and pricing please.

Also how can I avoid the Warranty Police at BMW when its installed ??

JD
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

There isn't anything you can do to avoid the warranty police. Both the jb3 and procede are about 30 mins to install / remove if you need to go to the dealer. Considering servicing is every 25k km / 2 years it isn't a big issue really.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 06:30 AM   #7
chylld
Major
Rep
Drives: G08 iX3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
Speed camera and red light cameras can be added to your DVD
Do teach please!!

edit: just realised this might be for pro nav only. no win for business nav??

Last edited by chylld; 03-24-2010 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Nick135i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

You can get some product independant tuning advice at:

Ric Shaw performance
35 Parramatta Rd Five Dock

Ric has had a fair bit to do with the Garry Holt 335i that won the 12 hour production car race at Bathurst earlier this year.
      03-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
thanks Adrian ,

Can you supply your contact details via PM and pricing please.

Also how can I avoid the Warranty Police at BMW when its installed ??

JD
Hi JD,

Lost of info here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ghlight=vishnu

Current Price is $1250 inc GST including delivery or installation. I will PM my mobile number.

With the warrantly Police... Procede (and JB3) are plug in units. Once experienced in installation, they can be removed in about 15 minutes. The Procede can also clear DME codes, which is recommended before removal (in the unlikely event you have triggered a code). There is no evidence left behind the Procede was ever there.

Of course they will only find evidence of the Procede if they are looking anyway. There is not way to check without opening up the DME compartment which takes a few minutes.

Nick135i, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I would NOT say that Gary Holts or anyone who has worked with him could be considered an unbiased opinion. Any opinions he has about the Procede or other products he can comment on are related to the unique application of a race car, and the unique need to be able to tune the car in a particular way to meet race requirements (rules and strategy). Gary Holt won the 2007 12 hour race as well as many GT Production car rounds running a Procede running standard maps with boost adjusted to his requirements (boost limits). Before the recent 12 hour race he required significant support that we were unable to give him, so he moved to a flash based custom tune that provided this support and he won the race also. Obviously Gary's preference is his new solution, but for a whole lot of reasons that would not rate highly for a street car, most of them related to support (and we are not talking answering a phone to fix a problem... many hours of custom dyno and track testing). In terms of runs on the board (race results), the Procede has chieved the most of any tune on that car.

So by all means, go for an opinion. But just don't treat it as product independant. I would be surprised if any unbiased opinions are available for this type of product. Also, as far as I know Ric Shaw had nothing to do with the Procede. I gave support for that car to Croydon Autosports with the Procede, so I am not sure they would know much about the Procede. Anything they know is likely to be word of mouth.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0