BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
fun2k
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M

Shifter vibration in 6th

Is it normal to feel some sort of vibration in the sifter nob in 6th gear (feels like crickets jumping inside a box)during deceleration/off throttle.

It dosnt happen all the time maybe 50% of the time and its not audible but i if i have my hand on the shifter in 6th gear off throttle at any speed its annoying.

Tech says this is normal since there is max load in 6th gear you feel some vibration. Is this normal?

Also just found out my from left suspension is about 1 inch higher then the right side.is the suspension adjustable?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #2
Venom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2k View Post
Is it normal to feel some sort of vibration in the sifter nob in 6th gear (feels like crickets jumping inside a box)during deceleration/off throttle.

It dosnt happen all the time maybe 50% of the time and its not audible but i if i have my hand on the shifter in 6th gear off throttle at any speed its annoying.

Tech says this is normal since there is max load in 6th gear you feel some vibration. Is this normal?

Also just found out my from left suspension is about 1 inch higher then the right side.is the suspension adjustable?
Find a new dealer/mechanic/request a different technician, 100% of what you just said sends red flags for me in how they are treating your car.
And no the suspension isn't adjustable like the M3 is. (assuming it is stock)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
Newby
1Mtech
Rep
Drives: BMW

Only under decel/over run? 6th gear as far as I'm aware is direct drive on 1m, so it is possible to feel more vibration in this gear. But I wouldn't say I would have expected this to be the case, I have never noticed it
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
fun2k
Rep
Drives: Bmw 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
Only under decel/over run? 6th gear as far as I'm aware is direct drive on 1m, so it is possible to feel more vibration in this gear. But I wouldn't say I would have expected this to be the case, I have never noticed it
if im cruising in 6th gear and then take me foot off the accelerator it sends back vibrations through the gear shifter ,as soon as i accelerate even slight acceleration smooths it out.

is it possible there is not enough oil in the trans?they put 1l at first service but i heard on the forum it takes 1.2l?
Appreciate 0