BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #23
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I have decided to speak to the general manager covering the entire situation. After I will proceed to contact BMW regarding the entire manner reporting the dealership and the circumstance. My emphasis will definately be the power of referrals and the name which the dealership has stated they have worked hard to get. I will not disclose what I am wanting to get at this point. But I will ask all of you to contact the manager directly via email or call if they do not rectify the matter.

J.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:36 PM   #24
Midlife Crisis
Rep
Drives: 2008 Audi TT Roadster

Similar Situation

About 4 years ago, I had made arrangements with the local Nissan dealer to purchase the 1st 350Z roadster that arrived. I made a hand-shake agreement with my SA and the sales manager. Long story short, I knew its arrival date, and called my SA the day after its arrival. The son of the owner sold the car to someone else. Of course, I raised hell and immediately put pen to paper. I wrote the owner with whom I had a 10-year relationship, and included Nissan North America and the District Manager in Jax, FL. About a week later, I got a call from Jax who asked if I was interested in an unallocated 350ZR. I said yes....as long as I could take delivery at a different dealership. Within a week, I was driving my new car, which, of course, I had to show to the SA and SM at the original dealership....telling them they would never see my face again.:biggrin:

Of course, your situation with your 1 series is probably somewhat different. Nevertheless, they did you wrong and they should make every effort to fix their screw-up.

Good luck, M/C.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #25
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

THAT IS TERRIBLE!! I WOULD BE SO MAD! You should go to that dealer and report them or something!! (Can you do that?:wink. You may be able to get a heck of a discount if you do order from them though.
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #26
gargoyal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joraq View Post
I will call BMW because I don't feel they should "get away" with what happened. I did not speak to all of the management at the dealership because I feel it will be pointless as they probably gave permission for the sale. Who knows what will come of this.

J.
Let us know what BMW NA says/does for you.

From my limited experince with BMW it seems that BMW NA does not keep a tight leash on their dealerships. The BMW experience differs from dealership to dealership. I’m not sure I like it, but it is what it is.

Good luck and I hope that BMW does you right.
      03-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #27
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

wow!! i would have went down and went Tony Soprano on him!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #28
sadu77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

If i were you... well if i were you id be in jail right now for assault & battery, reckless endangerment, disturbing the peace and public nudity....wait..... what? thats a a lot of bullshnike
Gray Poplar Trim
Nav system
Comfort access
Power/Heated seats
Sattelite radio
Ipod
Production number 398****
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #29
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

I'd tell them that your ACTUAL loss by them breaking the agreement was the loss of your sale of your 530i at your asking price -- since their actions have had a direct result that you now cannot sell it, and you have been forced through their actions not to sell your 530i until a replacement 135i can be built and shipped. Demand that they take your 530i as a trade at your documented current asking price in a few months when the replacement 135i comes in, with all other terms of the deal remaining the same. Get it all in writing, and make sure it is signed off on all the way up the management chain.

We're behind you!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #30
jraymond
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i SGM

This makes me want to get all future purchases in writing with a deposit. Then you could just take the dealer to court over crap like this
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #31
tiintegra
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKSC27 View Post
wow!! i would have went down and went Tony Soprano on him!
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #32
AwesomeBMW
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives:

Dude, this sucks. It's not that far of a drive from my house to Russell. Want me to kick their asses for you?

Actually that would probably make things worse. I say you demand some retribution like big $$ off your new car.

scratching Russell off my list now. Will have to go to Baltimore and DC area dealers for sure now
      03-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #33
AwesomeBMW
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives:

And see if you can make a post in the dealer review subforum under ordering/pricing
      03-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #34
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

Man that is horrible. Bad business, greed, and selfishness probably reeks in that dealership. Im sorry you have to go through this situation, I too would be devastated if this happened.

If you need help Im sure you have plenty on here ready to go to bat for you! I know I would.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #35
topvega
Kinda sorta banned on N54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 SGM JB3

I can't stop shaking my head thinking how wrong this is... I really think I would wind up going to jail if this happened to me. I don't think I would have been able to not break someone's jaw. It would be an asshole move if it was just a handshake thing but you put down a deposit... that makes this a true scumbag move... I don't care how tough the economy is right now.. that is a lack of respect. I would make them give you a really good trade in value and a good deal below msrp close to invoice.
I never thought I could see myself being brought out of a car dealership in handcuffs.... but I can now.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #36
plexiglass
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

You need to press the issue. They need to find you one from another lot. You had a cash deposit on the car. And I assume a sales receipt? Which one was yours?
      03-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #37
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

This thread has been read over 700 times in just over 12 hours!

Email a link to the thread to the GM/sales manager/CA responsible, the regional manager, and someone up the ranks at BMW North America.
1. The parties responsible can read what complete douches they've been.
2. They'll realize that tales of their douchery are spreading among a key group of serious buyers.
3. EVERYONE, including the weenies responsible, wants to see this thread ending with Joraq writing, "...and in the end it was all worth it. I couldn't be happier with my new BMW" and they SHOULD bend over backward to make sure the thread ends that way.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 07:03 AM   #38
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Update

Thanks for all the comments and Support.

Plexiglass, My car was not even in the front. To make matters worse it was in the back storage lot marked, Sold to J._ by my CA. On monday she purposefully told me she put it back there so it wouldn't be messed with..

Update: I called the Sales Manager twice and they did NOT call me back. Somethings is brewing as the SHADINESS increases. MY assumption is my CA has made an issue of this at her injustice. I will call again today, leave another message with the receptionist and proceed to walk in to see them. I have decided to follow the protocal of going up the ladder. If they refuse to see me I will call BMW and work my way up to the top. They will not get away with this.

J.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #39
AwesomeBMW
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
They will not get away with this.
You have meddling kids and a dog right?
      03-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #40
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

Im very sorry to hear that.. I would think getting your 1er some where else would make you feel better but IMHO i would hold them to a greater discount.. some times these things happen.. trust me i know. but you can atleast take advantage of the situation.. or try to atleast..??/ good luck...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #41
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
wow i did not know it had the SOLD sign on it...and it was in the back
indeed some sketchy business

i am subscribed for updates and support
      03-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #42
Numb3rs
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
The dealership was Russel BMW in MD. The CA was Korey Matthews.. He called me on monday and asked my interest twice. I stated clearly twice that it was "my goal to purchase the car on Saturday".. The car was sold that same day. My CA was on vacation and I was on a vacation as well.. The understanding was that I was away and would return Saturday to buy the car. I found out on Monday that the car wasn't even held. The CA who sold the car foolishly admitted that making the phone conversation nearly moot to begin with.

J.

Did you tell him YOU ordered the car? Why would they sell a car you ORDERED?

Yes, I would contact BMW NA and explain that you've been tracking your car since you received the VIN, etc. Then let them know Since it was the holiday you were on Vacation and they knowingly sold your car to another!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:04 AM   #43
Joraq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Update

After trying several times to speak with the GM I finally got through probably on their error as she sounded surprised as I said my name. I tried to set up an appointment which she clearly did not want to have. In between trying to speak to her the Sales Manager calls and I tell him I would like to have a meeting with the both of them. He defers making statements like he doesn't know her schedule etc. .etc.. bs... Anyway, back to the GM.. I gave up simply stating that I would explain to her the situation on the phone. She said she would soon call me back as she was busy. 1 hour later she calls back and tell her what happened. She tells me that they cannot do my request of :

1. The car at Invoice
2. My trade for 6.4K over what they were trying to give me (nada high trade)

The GM states that she may be able to do something closer to the first. The GM states that she will have to discuss this with the Sales Manager.

The shrewd SM calles back with the boldness saying he pulled the trigger and is responsible for selling the car. HE states that since I had my car appraised they were "uncertain" that I still wanted the car. He restated what did I expect him to do, "hold the car forever".. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS 1 $*&king day!!! car came in on friday night, sold on Monday. Anyhow, to cut through all the BS, he states no deal on the trade, 1K over invoice. I haven't called him back but need to confirm what that is.. 1K over including inv. on options, or 1K over with msrp on options.

Thats where I am now.. Im still feeling like this manager would do the same again.. He was unrepentent to say the least...

comments..

J.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2008, 07:17 AM   #44
1050Wien
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 128i  [0.00]
How about asking $1K over invoice (MOST definitely NOT MSRP) PLUS all options at invoice? That would be killer deal, IMHO.
Appreciate 0