BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #23
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Add1ct View Post
very nice combo, you'll love the grey wood
+1, the gray poplar has a lot of brown tone to it, looks great with savannah.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #24
jmoretti
Independent
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

I'm very excited! The car should be in and ready for delivery Saturday or Monday.

The dealer wants me to finish the paperwork by the end of the month (Friday) so the car can count against the July numbers. I'm wondering what the pros and cons of this might be.. It seems I'm holding some cards I didn't know I had!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #25
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Well Sir, you lock in the July Rates as opposed to August...

So its your call, do you bank on the ARP/Terms going up or down next month

P.S You have to post pics as soon as you get home
      07-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #26
jmoretti
Independent
United_States
Rep

I'll definitely post some pics..

I've locked into 2.9% for 60 days from late June, so I'm good there. I though the current (July) incentives were good through the end of August. Is anyone expecting them to change in August?

Thanks!

-Joe
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #27
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

We cant "expect" anything...you just never know what BMW will do with incentives
      08-06-2009, 07:13 AM   #28
jmoretti
Independent
United_States
Rep

Smile

It is in, it is fun, and there a LOT of pics in the Monaco Blue thread.. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...96#post5649496
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #29
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoretti View Post
Hi all,

I've spent a lot of time lurking on these forums, and I am looking at purchasing a 128i Coupe in the next week. I am looking at:
  • Manual
  • Premium
  • Sport (non-M)
  • Heated Seats
  • Ipod Adapter
  • Comfort Access

My question to all the experts on this list is: What color paint and wood go best with the Savannah Beige leather interior? I think this interior is very attractive, and I would like to know from folks who have seen this interior , what works and what does not.

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

-Joe
reviving this..

just placed and order this week for a savannah beige interior with light burl walnut trim.. I'm starting to have second thoughts about the trim and wanted to know what you think from your experience.

do you have pictures of your car?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #30
jmoretti
Independent
United_States
Rep

Hi brunobm!

I was originally leaning towards the walnut trim too (I had dark burl walnut in my '00 328ci and LOVED it), but under heavy suggestion from folks on this forum, I went with the poplar, and am I glad I did! This trim was made for Savannah Beige! There is light burn swirls in the wood that are pulled out by the beige, and the dark wood looks really good with the black Savannah accents. I have a TON of pictures posted in this post: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...96#post5649496 BEWARE, it'll take a minute to load the page because there are so many pictures. If you would like a specific picture of something I didn't post, let me know and I'll take some pics for you.

Congrats on your purchase! I absolutely love this car, and I am sure you will too.

-Joe
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #31
N55_BBM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoretti View Post
Hi brunobm!

I was originally leaning towards the walnut trim too (I had dark burl walnut in my '00 328ci and LOVED it), but under heavy suggestion from folks on this forum, I went with the poplar, and am I glad I did! This trim was made for Savannah Beige! There is light burn swirls in the wood that are pulled out by the beige, and the dark wood looks really good with the black Savannah accents. I have a TON of pictures posted in this post: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...96#post5649496 BEWARE, it'll take a minute to load the page because there are so many pictures. If you would like a specific picture of something I didn't post, let me know and I'll take some pics for you.

Congrats on your purchase! I absolutely love this car, and I am sure you will too.

-Joe
Thanks for the help!

I just took a look at an AW 128i convertible with savannah beige and light burl walnut and it actually looks pretty good. I'd be comfortable with that, but your pictures just look fantastic and make me like the gray poplar.. I wanted to see this combination personally though, because it looks very different in person (especially because the flash usually ruins it).. the light burl walnut for instance looks a lot darker and classier in person than in pictures..

So confused!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
N55_BBM
Major
Rep

Ok so I just went to the dealership, got a sample of a savanna beige seat and lined it up against a 1 series with gray poplar and a 1 series with light burl walnut...

just changed my order to gray poplar. It looks very classy and much more aggressive. the light burl walnut does not look bad at all. It looks classy, but it looks like it's made for older people.. the gray poplar i felt combines classy and sportiness very well.

Thanks for the help Joe!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #33
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
I agree the gray poplar looks much better with a light leather, I went with Gray poplar on my order with Lemon leather for even more contrast. It should look great with the black headliner of the M Sport package too. If all goes as planned, should be picking it up tomorrow and I'll post some pictures

The walnut is nice, but is more suited to sedans like the 5 series or 7. The walnut doesn't match a 135i.