BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
jwhit012
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Advise please headlights

so, I had some moisture inside my headlights and I'm guessing it caused a short on my dynamic headlight Motor and also blew one bulb. Long story short bmw won't warranty the parts. So I'm stuck with headlights that have moisture , not a problem they will dry. Now my main concern is replacing the 2 bad stepper motor and 1 xenon control unit.. What should I do, buy the parts and replace them? Possibly look for someone selling the headlight assembly? If I should replace parts, where should I get them? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Maeiourk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhit012
so, I had some moisture inside my headlights and I'm guessing it caused a short on my dynamic headlight Motor and also blew one bulb. Long story short bmw won't warranty the parts. So I'm stuck with headlights that have moisture , not a problem they will dry. Now my main concern is replacing the 2 bad stepper motor and 1 xenon control unit.. What should I do, buy the parts and replace them? Possibly look for someone selling the headlight assembly? If I should replace parts, where should I get them? Thanks
Did you do something to your headlight that's why they didn't cover it?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
jwhit012
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

The infamous angle eye upgrade ... Ballasts got into the way for a inproper seal.. I have been reading about it the last hour. Dammit.. They say they don't cover water damage. I actually took everything out before bringing it in.. I didn't wait for the moisture to dry so I left evidence , my dumb mistake .
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
PapaB
Private
Rep
Drives: '10 135i,'07 MCoupe,'09 X6 5.0

I feel your pain. I did the same thing but bit the bullet and had BMW replace them. Big money down the drain.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
Ridonculous
1 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaB
I feel your pain. I did the same thing but bit the bullet and had BMW replace them. Big money down the drain.
How much did the dealer charge you? Replaced both sides?
Appreciate 0