miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a disturbed shark!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by notan///m View Post
Apologies... until this post I fully understand the situation.
No need to apologize, car sales are always tricky and misunderstandings are common

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #24
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
Nothing is "amiss". You are indeed close to the asking price which as I explained to you privately numerous times is the lowest I can go to make it worth the hassle of a private sale vs. a trade-in. I actually posted about it a few days ago so it's not secret.

I am not going to put up with the headache of a private sale for less than $2k more than the trade would net me not including all the costs of documents, tittle transfer, escrow, etc and that's at $55k which is my mistake for lowering the price so far; I was trying to be fair and it back fired.

You have the right to make an offer below the asking price and hold your ground but please understand I have the right to refuse if it is not convenient for me, especially when it's below the asking price.

I hope it didn't backfire. I think it's cool that you're upfront. We understand that it can be a hassle for the seller especially out of state buyers.

I was pretty emotional selling my 1M because I fought so hard for the allocation and did Euro Delivery. There were some guys that were jerks and I basically wouldn't have sold it to them for asking price! I felt they didn't deserve the car in my twisted car nut mind. Others I would've sold it for less than asking so I understand that it can be a hassle not just time-wise but emotionally especially if you fought hard for the car. Some few lucky ones just walked into it but many fought for it.

Anyway, I don't think it backfired, I love the approach...Here is my trade in, and this is what the hassle is worth to me. I wish more would consider this.

I think more would sell and go into the hands of fans instead of sitting for months with the remaining warranty rotting away. Eventually, they will be out of warranty and values will take a hit anyway in my humble 1M lovin' opinion.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #25
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob
Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
Nothing is "amiss". You are indeed close to the asking price which as I explained to you privately numerous times is the lowest I can go to make it worth the hassle of a private sale vs. a trade-in. I actually posted about it a few days ago so it's not secret.

I am not going to put up with the headache of a private sale for less than $2k more than the trade would net me not including all the costs of documents, tittle transfer, escrow, etc and that's at $55k which is my mistake for lowering the price so far; I was trying to be fair and it back fired.

You have the right to make an offer below the asking price and hold your ground but please understand I have the right to refuse if it is not convenient for me, especially when it's below the asking price.

I hope it didn't backfire. I think it's cool that you're upfront. We understand that it can be a hassle for the seller especially out of state buyers.

I was pretty emotional selling my 1M because I fought so hard for the allocation and did Euro Delivery. There were some guys that were jerks and I basically wouldn't have sold it to them for asking price! I felt they didn't deserve the car in my twisted car nut mind. Others I would've sold it for less than asking so I understand that it can be a hassle not just time-wise but emotionally especially if you fought hard for the car. Some few lucky ones just walked into it but many fought for it.

Anyway, I don't think it backfired, I love the approach...Here is my trade in, and this is what the hassle is worth to me. I wish more would consider this.

I think more would sell and go into the hands of fans instead of sitting for months with the remaining warranty rotting away. Eventually, they will be out of warranty and values will take a hit anyway in my humble 1M lovin' opinion.

Thanks!
Thanks nachob, I was just trying to be as fair as possible while obviously benefiting as well.

I truly love the car and have enjoyed every moment with it after fighting so hard to get it three years ago.

I am very sad to see it go and I am 100% sure I'll miss it and regret my decision but will have to settle for the F80 M3 which is not a bad consolation price; I mean have you driven the damn thing? It's bonkers!!! Even coming from a 1M.

After all the 1M is just a car... Albeit a great one!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #26
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Congrats! Who got it?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #27
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats! Who got it?
The dealer actually went up on their trade-in offer today when I mentioned a possible private sale. As much as I wanted it to go to a good home the offer was just too good to pass up...

And I already miss it and regret it!!!

Now where the hell is my M3!!! I am already experiencing symptoms of "M" withdrawal!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #28
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

You going auto on the m3 or manual again?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #29
miula
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You going auto on the m3 or manual again?
I would love to do the manual again but the traffic in Miami is just brutal so DCT it is for the M3
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #30
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Cool, congrats!
Appreciate 0