BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-26-2008, 03:55 AM   #1
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Is This BS

Hi All,

Below is the reply from AutoClassic when I emailed requesting my build week

"I hope you are well.

I have checked with the Stock Control department and they have your vehicle listed for October Production, this will be confirmed with a final week of october it will be built in as soon as this production run begins next month.

As soon as i get any further information I will let you know straight away."

Most of the forum members seem to have your build dates well in advance.

Am I being treated like a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed BS).

A special callout to our WA brothers and their experiences.

Thanks in advance.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

G'day Molar - I didn't look up my build date. By the time I got around to asking they were able to give me the VIN.

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 05:15 AM   #3
ExMX5
Engineering Tool
Rep
Drives:

They don't know till they put the build order in and they don't do that until they have a free allocation in the current month - I've asked as well, and they've said late November build for me.

Due December 15th!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #4
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
Patience grasshopper....
      09-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 08

molar, you get 09 car right? U guys in perth get the new NAV idrive? If so did you order it? It's hot!!! OMG it's nice!

If you are getting that... yer a twice blessed man! 1 for being a 1addict family member, and 2 for having the 2nd year of the 1. It's worth the wait. I have been driving my 1, and I am still smiling big time! (daily) Picked up May this year.

EspressoBoy

PS
Give them a reasonable time, if you are not happy with the dealership, say you wait 1 month and zero... Maybe you should be talking to another dealership? No harm in calling around.

I got my order number, then 2 weeks later my vin, then about a month or so till the boat arrived, then about a week. Check with people who have ordered from your dealership here. I have actually bumped in to people in person who have even had the same salesman as me. And guess what? The exp was not the same... they got the deal... I didn't... Life sucks sometimes! Next time I buy another car... I go with with .....

And my Avatar...Yoda... mind control rocks...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
ExMX5
Engineering Tool
Rep
Drives:

Lol - EB... There's one BMW dealer in all of Western Australia!

For frame of reference (and idea of how screwed up that is) WA is more than 4 times the size of Texas.

We are all AutoClassic Burswood's bitches

Due December 15th!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep

with just 1 dealership!!! LOL maybe ya all can gang up on them? Give inside info on which salesperson is good, and who to avoid. Post it... then the 1 salesperson who is good... gets all the customers.

Shall I ask Yoda to go on a weekend trip? He can really kick some *ss... just think yoda in that dealership on espresso! Scary...just thinking about it.

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspressoBoy View Post
with just 1 dealership!!! LOL maybe ya all can gang up on them? Give inside info on which salesperson is good, and who to avoid. Post it... then the 1 salesperson who is good... gets all the customers.
EspressoBoy

Now thats an idea!!! :biggrin:

Any thoughts boys.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Sure, but I think it's more endemic in the dealership than the individual. I dealt with Matt, after my original sales guy left. Matt's been fine to work with, responsive and friendly. Just what I'd expect.
      09-27-2008, 04:31 AM   #10
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

My guy is crap.

PM me if you want the name of who not to deal with.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #11
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep

Why make it a secret? It's not like you got much to loose. Also after you post, and you are worried, come back a few months and remove the names. That way, everyone will know, not just the PM ppl.

Or... PM 1 person with the list, and have that person post... lol LIKE myself! It's not like they are going to fly over here with baseball bats... Anyway I have YODA on my side!

EspressoBoy

PS
In return I can PM and ask for someone to post the truth about my dealership... this truely makes it anonymous.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #12
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

I am just a little concerned that in a one horse town, that the sales person can make things difficult. It would not be too difficult to work out which one of his orders I might be.

We might have a troll amongst us!

While a good report card can only help both the client and the sales person.

Just call me paranoid.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #13
ExMX5
Engineering Tool
Rep
Drives:

The bloke who handles ordering and so on is a chap called Paul Silverton - maybe you should call up and ask to chat to him, molar?

Due December 15th!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Guys, it's worth recognising that most dealerships are aware of this forum and the things you write may get your sales person offside, not something you really want to do.

Like every profession, sales people come in all forms, and whilst yours may not know everything, I don't think it's fair to name and shame a dealer because of this. Be patient, your cars will arrive and there's nothing you or your dealer can do to speed up the process. Patience is the key...
      09-29-2008, 03:32 AM   #15
molar
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozza View Post
Guys, it's worth recognising that most dealerships are aware of this forum and the things you write may get your sales person offside, not something you really want to do.

Like every profession, sales people come in all forms, and whilst yours may not know everything, I don't think it's fair to name and shame a dealer because of this. Be patient, your cars will arrive and there's nothing you or your dealer can do to speed up the process. Patience is the key...

Eloquently put Cozza.

That is why I thinks it is advantageous to highlight and recommend the better sales people. The better they are the more referrals they get. A win/win situation.

This might get them to try harder, especially when forum members go in asking for them. More sales = more commissions.

Cancelled my order
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #16
EspressoBoy
1addict, and proud
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molar View Post
Eloquently put Cozza.

That is why I thinks it is advantageous to highlight and recommend the better sales people. The better they are the more referrals they get. A win/win situation.

This might get them to try harder, especially when forum members go in asking for them. More sales = more commissions.

Exactly, and if you want to be anonymous, just pm me with your msg. I will post it, and nobody needs to know who said it.

Hopefully you can do the same from our end.

EspressoBoy
Appreciate 0