BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #45
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Sport package is nice for sure, but don't worry about it. you got a great car. Enjoy it.
Oh yea i def. am man i never thought i could love a car this much to say the least lol
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #46
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Im seriously a 1addict lol
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #47
jester17
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_wannabe View Post
Im seriously a 1addict lol
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE.....

Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 06:56 AM   #48
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
and i know everyone says dont buy a car without sports package but it was a good ass deal and amazing car itself. Plus im only 20 years old i feel blessed as is, not many ppl this age can say they own a 135i not paying it off but own it because i bought it cash
I was in the same position you were in when I bought mine. Seems like you got a good deal, they can be had if you are patient. I got my black on black fully loaded minus nav sport package steptronic with paddles for 20 out the door at a dealer.

I love the alpine white, I wish mine were white.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #49
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester17 View Post
WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE.....

Congrats!
Thanks man and yea now im just contemplating on modding it or not. I dont want to void my warranty, but damn i really want a jb4, and some vsrf dps, oh and of course cx racing intercooler. Those would be my first three mods, i already have the money for it thats the shitty part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty3bags View Post
I was in the same position you were in when I bought mine. Seems like you got a good deal, they can be had if you are patient. I got my black on black fully loaded minus nav sport package steptronic with paddles for 20 out the door at a dealer.

I love the alpine white, I wish mine were white.
Yea man i know i got a good deal, pics dont do justice ive never seen a car this immaculate in my life. But wow thats a good deal to man, how do you like the car overall??? Yes i love opening my garage door at random times in the day to see it tucked in their look beautiful i look for reasons to drive, and man have i had fast cars from 500hp srt4s to 450rwhp 04 cobras idk something about this car just drives me insane maybe its just the refinement and comfort that those previous cars never had.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #50
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man and yea now im just contemplating on modding it or not. I dont want to void my warranty, but damn i really want a jb4, and some vsrf dps, oh and of course cx racing intercooler. Those would be my first three mods, i already have the money for it thats the shitty part

Yea man i know i got a good deal, pics dont do justice ive never seen a car this immaculate in my life. But wow thats a good deal to man, how do you like the car overall??? Yes i love opening my garage door at random times in the day to see it tucked in their look beautiful i look for reasons to drive, and man have i had fast cars from 500hp srt4s to 450rwhp 04 cobras idk something about this car just drives me insane maybe its just the refinement and comfort that those previous cars never had.
I love my 135i. I'm coming from an 89 mustang and I can say that this car is way more than I hoped for. So much fun to drive and comfortable on long trips (I drive approx. 400 miles every other weekend) and no problems so far with it.

From what I've read and researched, you can get the jb4 and still keep the warranty. Just whenever you take it in for maintenance, set it to the stock tune someone else with a jb4 could give more insight on this though. Also, from reading a few threads on here, really the only thing out of those mods you'd have to worry about is the downpipes
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #51
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

So i can get jb4 and intercooler without voiding the warranty? How about muffler delete?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #52
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So i can get jb4 and intercooler without voiding the warranty? How about muffler delete?
Those I'm not sure about. I would ask around on here, or go talk with your local BMW dealer. I don't know how strict your dealer would be on it, but you could say that the intercooler is to help with cooling and protecting the engine vs adding performance which it does both.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #53
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

yea i used the search button its pretty much a hit or miss with some mods i guess, lol i know im going to end up modding it.Ill probably just wait like 5k miles and make sure the car is running real good before i do anything
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #54
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs454 View Post
Who cares, if it looks factory and is a factory part, why not have extra storage? That's my main gripe about this car is that it lacks storage areas.
If installed right, the storage bin will look factory and also be useful. I wasn't a fan of how the owner installed the aftermarket nav unit in the bin though. As for the lack of storage, I added the little cargo net to the passenger side transmission tunnel that was available in the older Z cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs454 View Post
Regardless, don't buy a car without sport package. And get a manual one!
I agree completely.
      07-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #55
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
and i know everyone says dont buy a car without sports package but it was a good ass deal and amazing car itself. Plus im only 20 years old i feel blessed as is, not many ppl this age can say they own a 135i not paying it off but own it because i bought it cash
Congrats on the car and have fun with it. Though, I'm still curious why you would want to buy it outright in cash when low interest loans are still available. That would let you keep some cash on hand and also build a good credit history which is key to anyone's financial future.
      07-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #56
d3rtyF87
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU
Quote:
Congrats on the car and have fun with it. Though, I'm still curious why you would want to buy it outright in cash when low interest loans are still available. That would let you keep some cash on hand and also build a good credit history which is key to anyone's financial future.
Especially at the age of 20, just saying. But not wanting to make payments is understandable.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #57
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Quote:
nice yea i got the warranty and all, it sucks because i wanted to mod the shit out of it but i cant because the warranty will get voided
Not BMW mods. Thats why many here that are still under warranty have gotten the PPK ... performance exhaust... performance suspension.. etc.
Just depends how much you want to spend. or if your happy as is.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #58
M3_wannabe
First Lieutenant
Rep

I couldn't get a loan guys because i don't have a job lol. That simple, i had a job for 2 years straight until this past may, but now im unemployed and i sold my previous bmw. I'm good overall, i bought my car and still have 5k in the bank so im comfy regardless
Appreciate 0