BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Thumbs up BMS DME GT1 results.

Terry picked up a GT1 to scan his car and other customers:

"Had this in the melter map thread but figured it is worth its own.

Finally got our GT1 up and running, and gave the development 135i a quick scan. It's been a few weeks so this includes quite a lot of time on the very aggressive melter map. And no detection codes! Of course this is 29.2 so I can't wait to test it on 32.1.

The only DME codes present were from my failing fuel pump. Hope to get that taken care of next week with the 32.1 update. The DSC/RDC codes are from dyno testing (yes, the dealer will know you were dyno testing your car), and running without TMPS sensors for a bit. The CAN code is from removing the ECU connectors with the battery connected and ECU awake. Always best to disconnect the battery.

Also had a chance to scan a customers car with a competitive "invisible tune" and found a manipulation code. Whoops. Not going to share the manufactures name (as I don't want to get sued) but its not who you think."

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
Terry picked up a GT1 to scan his car and other customers:

"Had this in the melter map thread but figured it is worth its own.

Finally got our GT1 up and running, and gave the development 135i a quick scan. It's been a few weeks so this includes quite a lot of time on the very aggressive melter map. And no detection codes! Of course this is 29.2 so I can't wait to test it on 32.1.

The only DME codes present were from my failing fuel pump. Hope to get that taken care of next week with the 32.1 update. The DSC/RDC codes are from dyno testing (yes, the dealer will know you were dyno testing your car), and running without TMPS sensors for a bit. The CAN code is from removing the ECU connectors with the battery connected and ECU awake. Always best to disconnect the battery.

Also had a chance to scan a customers car with a competitive "invisible tune" and found a manipulation code. Whoops. Not going to share the manufactures name (as I don't want to get sued) but its not who you think."

I really hope it's not SSTT!

Can you at least say if this car only had an upgrade and not a whole raft of other bolt-ons (FMI, O2 sims, DPs etc...).

Mad.

Last edited by mad chemist; 01-25-2009 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
As much as I would like to believe this...it is hard to...given what this respected gentleman has to say:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=105
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

But he also said his dealership would ignor all mods unless it is related to the warranty repair. So, don't worry too much.

Also, you better know whenever you picked up a mod, you are at risk of loosing part of your warranty.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

What BMW should do is put those temper proof stickers on the VME box with holograms on them. If the seal is broken then the warranty on engine related parts are voided. I am sure someone will spend the effort to forge such sticker or rogue technicians may give them out with bribe. But it will deter most user. (BMW if you doing this I am copyrighting the usage of the sticker and you will have to pay me loyalty every time it's used ;-))
      01-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

I think most manufacturer would like to maintain a good relationship with most tuners since they help to promote their products and project a sport car image for thier cars.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
What BMW should do is put those temper proof stickers on the VME box with holograms on them. If the seal is broken then the warranty on engine related parts are voided. I am sure someone will spend the effort to forge such sticker or rogue technicians may give them out with bribe. But it will deter most user. (BMW if you doing this I am copyrighting the usage of the sticker and you will have to pay me loyalty every time it's used ;-))

That would be an Ok idea, except that it's illegal under Magnason Moss. BMW can't void your warranty because you're doing work on you own car.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
993 911
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z3M, F31, G07

Its not just "doing work" on the car, your modifying the engine/turbo's to take a higher boost level than some of the stock components of the car (fuel pump) can handle without breaking. If something fails because you altered the way the engine runs because you were seeking more performance I don't see how BMW should have to pay.

That said, I plan on modding the powertrain and suspension in the next year. If I get BS from a dealer about my mods when I bring it in for an unrelated issue hell will be raised.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #9
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

^It really is worth it even if a few went in on one. Hell, you could even turn it into a small business and charge nominal fees to other enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0