BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Sorry, I left for vacation(well for one day I took a trip). Just got back home and saw the post. Before leaving, I told the guy to send me pictures of the box damage(well assuming the box got damaged), full picture of front and back wheel. He hasn't replied back.

I am first going to file a claim, if that falls through then I will consider giving up some $$$ to fix it, but I definitely don't want him to return it and he will hvae to pay for shipping. I spent 120 shipping the wheels, only making a 300 profit(after paypal fees). If i send him 100 to get the wheels fixed I will only make 200 which is super low qq. I answered your questions below. Thanks for your help everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Are those picts of just one wheel?

Yes, only one wheel was damaged according to him.

Judging by the black residue, I'd say the wheel shown in those picts have brake dust on them.
Your linked picts don't show any brake residue.

My wheels were a bit dirty. I cleaned them the best that I could, but the back of the wheel were still very dusty and nasty(rusty on the hub,etc). The front, and everything you see when you mount it on the car, was flawless.

The center cap appears to have something whitish spilled on it.
Zoomed in it does not look like scratches.
I don't see how a lug nut could cause it to look like that.

It's hard to tell which wheel it could be as he didn't shoot the whole wheel, and then show details.

I'm going with that was done on purpose, so that you can't see exactly which wheel he is showing.
I'd ask for a full clear pic of the whole wheel with the valve hole at 12 o'clock, and show detail either going clockwise or counter clockwise.

I kept looking at your picts vs his picts to try and figure out which wheel it is. It doesn't look like wheel #3, as that one doesn't have the wheel weights that are shown in his picts.
It looks like wheel #1 or #4, and maybe #2.
Again, this is why you need a pic of the whole wheel in question.

I tried to diagram the nicks and residue, but something seems odd, as if it's not picts of just one wheel.

Again, the picts you do have show brake dust. I don't think it's residue from the lug nuts. Do you think the black residue you're seeing is from the lugs?

I think it could be, the lug nuts were pretty dirty. As I said, when placing the lug nuts into the bag my hands quickly turned black. That being said, it looks like black residue, not deep scratches. I think with a good clean and polish the majority of it could go away. Kinda what u say below.

In one of the picts all it shows is residue, and if you look at the upper corner where the arm attaches, there looks to be a smudge in the residue that looks like it was done with a finger.
Plus, that residue looks like it would easily come off with a few wipes with a towel.

The pic with the 3 nicks/gouges shows the black underneath the paint, just like your pic with the rash. It's black underneath.

The boxes that you shipped them in, do they have some kind of holes covered in clear plastic?

I'm wondering because I see, in 2 picts, something that looks like silvery holes/circles. Zoomed in it looks like holes covered in clear plastic.
?

I am wondering the same thing. In the pics there are like silver circles which I do not believe were in the box at all. There was plastic on the bottom box. It was a layer of box, plastic, then cardboard. But, never saw any of the metal pieces from his pics

What is the buyer asking for?

Nothing yet, he said he was dissatisfied and disappointed in me. He wants to file a claim with UPS(well I told him thats what I would do once he provided me with more info). He said if not he wants to return them, but I clearly said through e-mail all sales were final, and I was not responsible for any fitment issues or anything.

My guess is that he wants you to lower the price.
But, I'll tell you, if I thought someone sent me wheels that were not the wheels I saw in pictures, I would contact Paypal, or the place I used for payment, and file a complaint.

Also, for lugs to cause that kind of damage, there would have to be a lot of tossing and tumbling to first break open the bag and then cause and damage. The box would have to look beaten up. Does he have a pic of the box? And, if the box/es were that beaten up, why did he accept delivery, or not contact UPS to complain? These wheels weight at least 20lbs. That's not really heavy, but it's also not like a light bag of clothes or patato chips.

I do have picture of the boxes. I will find them on my computer and post them later. The boxes weighed 28 lbs each according to UPS. I told guy to send picture of box.

Ask yourself, if you received these wheels, and you thought they were not the wheels you saw in picts given to you, would you even want them?
I'd tell the seller to take them back.

As the seller, I would then look at the returned wheels to make sure that wheels sent back are the wheels I first sent.
He could try and pull a fast one by returning his beat up wheels for the ones you sent.
Luckily, you have pictures of the wheels you sent so that you should easily be able to identify all the wheels sent back to you.

It sucks, but it happens.
A friend of mine regularly sells on ebay, and he gets all sorts of people trying to do all manner of things trying to get something.
Mostly, they are looking for a lower price. I guess they figure since they possess the merchandise, then they are in a position to dictate and control the sale AFTER the sale.

Last thing, it's going to be difficult to get UPS to cover the wheel/s if there is no visible damage to the shipping box/es. If there is no evidence of abuse, then how can they be liable for the condition of the contents?
They really can't. They would have to have seen the condition of the wheels first in order to accept responsibility for something damaged inside of a perfectly good shipping box.
This buyer likely knows this. And, if the box/es are not beat up, then how did the damage in his pics happen?

Good luck. I hope you at least go the money before you sent the wheels. He's got the merchandise, but you've got the money.
      08-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #24
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

thats to bad but I think he trying to pull a fast one on you too
      08-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #25
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

keep us updated, I would love to know the end result after UPS gets involved.
      08-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #26
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

ya I will. I emailed him twice now asking for more pictures of the full wheel and boxes,etc and have not gotten a reply. I sent the e-mail on thursday.
      08-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #27
Zombie1
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i 2010

Shady!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #28
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Also if you use Ebay to sell something again, make the buyer pay for shipping. Then they have skin in the game. The way you did it, he can just say well take them back then and you are on the hook for two shipping fees. He knows you won't pay that because it's practically what you sold them for so he going to win one way or the other. Did you check this guys feedback? Does he have any feedback form previous deals?
      08-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #29
katsooba
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i

Dude, the wheels you pictured and sent are squeeky clean! on the outside. not talking about the inner side

he sent you pix of a used and driven wheel, like he just took it off his car.
it has brake and dust residue in the way that couldnt be made from dirty lug nuts in the shipment.

i call BS

Name:  1344452426084.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  25.7 KB