BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #1
2012one35i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2012 BMW 135i

Help with Remote Programming

Hello all,

I have a 2012 135i without I-Drive or Comfort Access. I did manage to find the screen on the gauge cluster where you can program your remote. What the icons mean, however, is baffling me. I think I have some figured out, but I’m not sure. Cannot find anything in the Owner’s Manual. Please correct me if I’m wrong, and if you know what’s what, please clue me in:

First, I scroll to where there is a key and check mark symbol, this is the programming screen.

The first option (looks like) a closed padlock and headlight. Does this mean “flash lights when lock button is pressed?”

The second option (looks like) an open padlock and headlight. Does this mean “flash lights when unlock button is pressed?”

The third option (looks like) A door with either One forward slash and 3 lines or 2 forward slashes and 2 back slashes. I know this one means “Unlock drivers door with one press of unlock button /unlock all doors with one press of unlock button.”

The fourth option (looks like) a closed padlock, an A, a clock, and a right pointing arrow. I’m pretty sure this means “lock doors after a certain time when driving.”

The fifth option (looks like) a P with light rays . You can select 0s-240s. I have no idea what this is. One would think it is a parking light timer; however, I have set it to 0s and 240s. I can’t tell any difference between the settings.

The sixth option (looks like) a sunburst and headlight. Does this mean “Daylight running lights on/off?” I’m unsure about this one as well. I thought the switch on the dashboard handled that.

The seventh option (looks like) a double arrow. This one I know means “double flash or triple flash turn signals.”

The eighth option (looks like) a left pointing arrow and a rectangle on the bottom and right. I am at a complete loss as to what this option does.

A long post, but I wanted to be as complete as possible. Can someone please explain these settings to me?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
read your manual, its all in there.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
2012one35i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2012 BMW 135i

Actually, it's not. But it is in the 2011 non I-Drive manual someone was nice enough to post a shortcut to on another forum.

Believe it or not, most people (myself included) check the manual before posting their questions. I just wish some people would read their manual before posting erroneous answers.....
Appreciate 0