E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Le Mans Blue availability

01-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #23
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko
yeah, but the point is, if the US is BMW's biggest money maker, why do we have the least number of options, models, colors, trims, etc, etc??? i don't get it either. i simply don't believe that adding an interior/exterior color would violate some regulations that are present in the US but not in Europe. that is just one huge pile of steamy horse-shit!

We're (US) being punished.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2006, 12:56 PM   #24
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko
yeah, but the point is, if the US is BMW's biggest money maker, why do we have the least number of options, models, colors, trims, etc, etc??? i don't get it either. i simply don't believe that adding an interior/exterior color would violate some regulations that are present in the US but not in Europe. that is just one huge pile of steamy horse-shit!

USA may be BMW's biggest single country market, but is nowhere near its biggest market, and USA sales of 3 Series are actually quite small comparedto the size of the market ( they make up for it by 5 and 7 series sales, but they sell more than double the 3 Series per month in germany last i checked)

Its the same situation with the USA not being able to order the normal "Individual" leather and color options.

As said before Le-Mans Blue is only available on the M Sport pack in the rest of the world, so untill BMW USA imports those you wont get that color
      01-26-2006, 12:58 PM   #25
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA
We're (US) being punished.
Because you dont sell enough 3 Series
      02-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #26
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by rics
I think there is a bit of misinformation here.
Outside US (namely in Europe), Le Mans Blue is indeed available, but ONLY if you also buy the M-Sport version. You cannot buy it for a non M-pack car.

Probably, as soon as the M-E90 will be available in US, you'll also be given the choice of this particular colour. Mind you that, even in Europe where BMW is based and builds most of the E90s, the M-pack is only available since September. And this things take time to go from one continent to the other: logistics, legal issues, etc etc...

Probably you'll have these options available over there in no time. A member recently posted some pics of M-bumpers, as being already available. Maybe the rest will follow shortly.

Is the M-Pack even coming to the US? Folks are saying that you can now order the "M-aerodynamic package" in the US, but apparently that's just the outside kit.

Anybody know if there's more on the way?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2006, 09:48 AM   #27
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm11
Is the M-Pack even coming to the US? Folks are saying that you can now order the "M-aerodynamic package" in the US, but apparently that's just the outside kit.

I would find it hard to believe other than the individual pieces as accessories...
      05-14-2007, 11:52 PM   #28
LEA69
BORRIS the BMW!
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 MSPORTS & BMW E34 535i

Garage List
Talking

I hope this colour will be available to you guys soon..... I absolutely love it!
Attached Images

05-15-2007, 12:48 AM   #29
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
That is such a sweet color, so sporty!
      05-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #30
GuillaumeSoete
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupé & Tesla 85

As always, nice color (I am partial ) but not feeling the eyelids at all.

Guillaume
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 03:25 AM   #31
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm11 View Post

1) unfortunately the M-pack has never come to the US in the past, and there are no plans to introduce it in the future.

2) "special ordering" a color in the US can only be done through the INDIVIDUAL program which is only offered for the 7 series stateside. it is not available for any other model. this topic has actually been beaten to death in dozens of threads. just search for "individual" if you want a 3 series in the US, you can only choose from their offered colors.

3) european delivery cars still have to conform to the specs of the country to which they're being delivered. so a european delivered car coming to the USA will still not have access to any color or option not normally available for that car in the US. so again, you can't special order a color on a US 3 series, even through european delivery.

OP: the button would have answered each of your questions more than thorougly. take the time to sift through the wealth of information on this site.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0