BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 116D

Brand New 116d in Sweden

Hi Fellow BMW lovers!

I just wanted to share some of my pics with you to see what you think!

Its a 2011 116d that is exactly two months old. I've driven 6600km so far.
I put 18" Wheels on right away, Tinted windows and BMW-Performance Grille in the front. That's it so far...
The Car is newly Waxed with Zymöl wax.

09-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Pavlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D M-Sport Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Looks super clean.... Nice one, got anything in mind your planning on doing with it soon?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo View Post
Looks super clean.... Nice one, got anything in mind your planning on doing with it soon?
Well Better tint on the windows. Black tail lights and side lights, I want it to look really black
Just Like Darth Vader!
      09-18-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
Pavlo
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztereoid View Post
Well Better tint on the windows. Black tail lights and side lights, I want it to look really black
Just Like Darth Vader!
Ok cool yee interesting to see how it develops. How dark do you want your tints to be? Which Brand you going with? You going to do anything about the dot-matrix?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
Sweden
Rep

I want a medium tint, don't really care what brand.
I dont really know what dot-matrix you're thinking of...
      09-19-2011, 05:26 AM   #6
dj john
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: 118d performance

Hei naboser veldig bra ut den der..hvordan er 116 d å kjøre??er den rask og sterk nokk?Nice car.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
Pavlo
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I want a medium tint, don't really care what brand.
I dont really know what dot-matrix you're thinking of...
Ouhh ok you would prob be looking at 35%, Dot-matrix is the little dots around the edge of the rear quarters and back window, they cause the film to bubble around the edges, can be quite bad dependent on film used and how skilled is the professional.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo View Post
Ouhh ok you would prob be looking at 35%, Dot-matrix is the little dots around the edge of the rear quarters and back window, they cause the film to bubble around the edges, can be quite bad dependent on film used and how skilled is the professional.
Ok, now I know what you think of. It's bubbling on the film that I use right now at least, but that's a very very cheap reusable film.

I'm going to wait until the spring, since It's so dark in the winter, and the tint won't make it any easier to back it up.

Can one do anything about the "dot matrix" in the rear windows?
      09-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj john View Post
Hei naboser veldig bra ut den der..hvordan er 116 d å kjøre??er den rask og sterk nokk?Nice car.
Well, The 116d isn't a fast car. I wanted something that runs really cheap but still drives well and looks good. And since I'm a BMW fanatic, the choice wasn't hard.
Since the 116d has the same 2 liter engine as the more powerful models it's quite fast. It has 260Nm of Torque and that's good in such a small car. I mostly drive at 80kmh on my way to work and the overtaking performance is absolutely satisfactory. But I'm thinking about software tuning it to 177hp/360Nm. I'm only concerned about my guarantees.

/M
      09-27-2011, 03:41 AM   #10
Metralha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09

Quote:
Well, The 116d isn't a fast car. I wanted something that runs really cheap but still drives well and looks good. And since I'm a BMW fanatic, the choice wasn't hard.
Since the 116d has the same 2 liter engine as the more powerful models it's quite fast. It has 260Nm of Torque and that's good in such a small car. I mostly drive at 80kmh on my way to work and the overtaking performance is absolutely satisfactory. But I'm thinking about software tuning it to 177hp/360Nm. I'm only concerned about my guarantees.

/M
Its funny...people buy a 116d because they are cheaper and more economic...afterwards they want to remap...its always the some...LOL....

its impossible to have a 116d with the some performance of a 120d with just a remap...also longevity of the motor will not be the some....

I just installed the BMW performance power kit in my 120d... why they change along with ECU the IC + powerful fan + (in my case the torque convertor) ....I know that with a normal remap i would get more power and torque...but I want also warranty and reliability ...something you will not have in a 116d remapped for the same values of 120d....

you should bought a 120d or at least a 118d if the purpose was performance.

cheers,.

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Ztereoid
BMW-Lover
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metralha View Post
Its funny...people buy a 116d because they are cheaper and more economic...afterwards they want to remap...its always the some...LOL....

its impossible to have a 116d with the some performance of a 120d with just a remap...also longevity of the motor will not be the some....

I just installed the BMW performance power kit in my 120d... why they change along with ECU the IC + powerful fan + (in my case the torque convertor) ....I know that with a normal remap i would get more power and torque...but I want also warranty and reliability ...something you will not have in a 116d remapped for the same values of 120d....

you should bought a 120d or at least a 118d if the purpose was performance.

cheers,.
Well, I love performance as much as the next guy, But this one is just for cheap thrills on my way to work. Still, It's a great car even with the less powerful engine. I'm probably going to keep it as it is for at least three years, until it's all mine, and during that time I'm going to buy a 328 or 528 or better to get the performance i want in the weekends. so the 116d will be my trusted steed that takes me To Scania (Work).
      10-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
spernesn
Rep
Drives: E87 118d 3door

Looks nice! Nice pics to!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 05:46 AM   #13
Metralha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09

Quote:
Well, I love performance as much as the next guy, But this one is just for cheap thrills on my way to work. Still, It's a great car even with the less powerful engine. I'm probably going to keep it as it is for at least three years, until it's all mine, and during that time I'm going to buy a 328 or 528 or better to get the performance i want in the weekends. so the 116d will be my trusted steed that takes me To Scania (Work).
In that case...

Appreciate 0