BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #23
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

If you dont want to mod it stay off the boards and pray you dont have a run in with one on the highway because it will eat at you. Your mind will say "for only $400 I could have another 80hp in a pnp tune with full adjustibility" and that is hard to ignore. Then you just say to hell with it and go all out
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #24
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
If you dont want to mod it stay off the boards and pray you dont have a run in with one on the highway because it will eat at you. Your mind will say "for only $400 I could have another 80hp in a pnp tune with full adjustibility" and that is hard to ignore. Then you just say to hell with it and go all out
good idea, being on the boards will chew u alive when it comes to modding lol
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #25
DaveSakky135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post

haha thats the thing man, i had to spend crazy amounts of money to get my 350z anywhere near what my 1er is at right now lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #26
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

I've decided this will be a little project car for me. I plan to keep it as civilised as possible so for performance I'll probably go with tune, intake and exhaust. I don't mind cosmetic mods as long as the car still retains its class.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #27
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSakky135 View Post
haha thats the thing man, i had to spend crazy amounts of money to get my 350z anywhere near what my 1er is at right now lol.
What numbers were you putting down in your tt 350z? which tt kit did you end up going with? they can be made really fast once they go fi.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #28
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

i stopped spending money on go fast mods and have started in on buying top products and equip to wash and detail my car since it is black and hell to take care of. I did do a couple of exterior mods like black drills and black 135i badge. Next is a rear spoiler and rims. Then I will go back to speed parts.
      01-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #29
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

I just got my ass handed to me tonight by a Stg 4 (whatever that is) ol school S4. Ol boy said Stg4, big turbos, ICs, bigtime tune etc etc. Anyway I have a JB3 and BMS DCI and he pulled hard on me from a dig. It was dead even at 80MPH. But anyway, I need some new rubber and some 'zaust. Can't be havin' this. I also need to learn how to drive this damn thing. Miss my STi digs.
      01-25-2010, 08:27 PM   #30
onefastman
Major General
Rep

It was not stage 4 or it would not even been close. Those cars are absolute monsters, especially from a dig.
Here is a stage 3 vid, 0-60 in the 3's
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #31
onefastman
Major General
Rep

heres another on just the k04's running a 11.1
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #32
lnferno
Private
Rep
Drives: AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
I just got my ass handed to me tonight by a Stg 4 (whatever that is) ol school S4. Ol boy said Stg4, big turbos, ICs, bigtime tune etc etc. Anyway I have a JB3 and BMS DCI and he pulled hard on me from a dig. It was dead even at 80MPH. But anyway, I need some new rubber and some 'zaust. Can't be havin' this. I also need to learn how to drive this damn thing. Miss my STi digs.
Nice runs man. You have a very clean car. Probably one of the quicker bimmers that I've ran (not that I've ran many bimmers).

That was definitely some fun impromptu runs. It was funny because I sped up at that one light just to make it through, slowed down immediately and I saw your car and I thought to myself "Oh boy, he probably thinks that I am trying to run him or something" hehe. After our first run, I slowed down to talk, but you left hard LOL. Anyways, the traffic after that wasn't very conducive to any more runs and I had to turn off to get home. Not sure if you saw, but I waved -- thanks for the thumbs up. Too bad we didn't get to talk.

I'm very impressed with the 335 and 135 -- those cars have TONS of potential. Anyways, it's very cool to see someone like you mod your 135 -- I LOVE it when I see people like you not afraid to take a car like yours to the next level. Generally speaking, its rare to come across people on the road that mod cars like yours. Huge thumps up!

Do you ever to go the monthly Euro meets in Denver? There's one next weekend if you want to roll-up?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #33
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

I bought this car and said I was gunna mod it "slowly." I haven't even had it a year and I've almost done everything I planned on doing. I guess I'll have to start coming up with stuff now.
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #34
Lloyd
Networking Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Subaru STi 5dr

Garage List
its only been about a mount, the urge is coming to me, but the money isn't. only mod i've done is a 1addict.com decal
      01-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #35
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnferno View Post
Nice runs man. You have a very clean car. Probably one of the quicker bimmers that I've ran (not that I've ran many bimmers).

That was definitely some fun impromptu runs. It was funny because I sped up at that one light just to make it through, slowed down immediately and I saw your car and I thought to myself "Oh boy, he probably thinks that I am trying to run him or something" hehe. After our first run, I slowed down to talk, but you left hard LOL. Anyways, the traffic after that wasn't very conducive to any more runs and I had to turn off to get home. Not sure if you saw, but I waved -- thanks for the thumbs up. Too bad we didn't get to talk.

I'm very impressed with the 335 and 135 -- those cars have TONS of potential. Anyways, it's very cool to see someone like you mod your 135 -- I LOVE it when I see people like you not afraid to take a car like yours to the next level. Generally speaking, its rare to come across people on the road that mod cars like yours. Huge thumps up!

Do you ever to go the monthly Euro meets in Denver? There's one next weekend if you want to roll-up?
Wow! What's up man? NO idea you'd be on here - that is one SICK ASS S4 you have there. I raced plenty of modded S4's back in the day in my STi and was never afraid of them, until I raced yours today, and my 1er is def faster than my STi was. I just cannot nail the takeoff with this thing. I forgot to disable my stuff on the first 2 go's and bogged the crap out of my engine, haha. Anyway, I just reached 1,000 miles 2 days ago, so I'm trying to learn how to really drive this car. Need to meet up for sure, I need the practice, even if it hurts. Sweet car man - sounds SICK too. Def be down fo some meets - not sure what the girl has planned up for this weekend - think it's a boarding weekend. She was actually driving home from work and saw the both of us acting like asses - I had no idea. She called me up and asked "Who won? From the looks of it, not you." Ha!

I hope I don't get busted for having this convo on here, ha. Thread derail.

And yeah, I don't know of hardly any modded Bimmers here - everybody that drives 'em that I've seen are old. Have a few buddies with some E36 & E46 M's but they don't even bother racing anybody in those. No point at 6,200ft.

Last edited by BroDoze; 01-25-2010 at 11:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #36
lnferno
Private
Rep

Yeah, you have a sleeper for sure. Your car surprised me. That's why I got on here tonight after our encounter because I knew there was no way in hell that your car was stock lol. I thought that it was a slim to none chance finding anything about our encounter, but alas there are other diehard euro car nuts in our neck of the woods
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 07:20 AM   #37
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

I have resisted, it's not paid off yet
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #38
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
Probably Stage 3 as people eluded to, or Inferno can enlighten us what he has.

Having a B7 RS4, I can tell you that a well modded B5 S4 can be pretty darn impressive if tuned right!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #39
lnferno
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Probably Stage 3 as people eluded to, or Inferno can enlighten us what he has.

Having a B7 RS4, I can tell you that a well modded B5 S4 can be pretty darn impressive if tuned right!
Yes, stage 3.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #40
DaveSakky135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
What numbers were you putting down in your tt 350z? which tt kit did you end up going with? they can be made really fast once they go fi.
I went with the greddy kit and was putting down about 480 whp, on a stock motor. Very different than 1er had to deal with a lot of issues with the fuel system and worrying about the motor going as well as the tranny. It was a fun car while it lasted though
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #41
DaveSakky135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
i stopped spending money on go fast mods and have started in on buying top products and equip to wash and detail my car since it is black and hell to take care of. I did do a couple of exterior mods like black drills and black 135i badge. Next is a rear spoiler and rims. Then I will go back to speed parts.

aha and to think i almost traded my montego bluw in for black. I still think black is BA tho!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #42
titancrusher1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Jet Black 135i

Where can you find the Black 135i badge?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #43
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by titancrusher1 View Post
Where can you find the Black 135i badge?
You can get them from JLevi they are a sponsor here as well. I got the matte for the contrast and it looks great. Other colors may look good with the gloss black.
      01-26-2010, 11:40 PM   #44
onefastman
Major General
Rep

any idea where I could get a matte black bms badge for my jet black car?
Appreciate 0