BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

Bon Voyage!!

Leaving to pick up my 1er today

Had a huge scare though! The day of our wedding we get a message from Lufthansa telling us our flight had been "affected" by the recent strike. In other words "THEY CANCELLED OUR F%*#ING FLIGHT!!!" By the time I called back, however, they had found arrangements for us to fly with United. Sux though, cuz now we'll have to pay for our food if we want it (Lufthansa doesn't charge). Plus, our non-stop flight from DC to Munich is no longer, and we have to connect in Paris.

I'll have plenty of pictures to share when I get back. Wish us luck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013

:drinking::rounde l::thumbup:I going to pick my baby up in a few hrs too!!!
      08-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Cris
What's FWD?
Rep
Drives: Former E82, current E39

I thought food was still free for international flights... regardless, who cares! You're going to pick up your 1er!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
2K2 DNA
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i

Congratulations on your marriage, new 1 and ED! Safe travels to and from and enjoy the hell out of the experience. Can't wait to see the pics! :smile:
      08-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

I think I could find something to do during that layover in Paris...you did say you were a newlywed, right? Life doesn't always have to be a bitch:wub:

Call
      08-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #6
BeamerDreamer
Village Idiot
Rep
Drives: 435i

Green with Envy

I am so jealous! Ever since I heard of European Delivery, I've been wanting to do it. The idea of getting an ultimate driving machine and breaking it in on the Autobahn and through the Alps would be a dream come true.

My wife and I already have vacation plans this year and I don't want to go to Europe in the winter (I hate the snow). So the next available time for me is going to be in the Spring. I've been agonizing myself by reading everyone's European Delivery experience stories. Please share yours if you can and include lots of photos for me to drool over. Have a safe trip and enjoy your new baby.
Appreciate 0