terrybGT3
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 996 GT3 & M3M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsales View Post
i hope they have facility in Shanghai````
They actually do a lot of work in Singapore, so I'm sure there could be a possibility
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #46
terrybGT3
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
I think to be honest, it depends on how far you'd be willing to go if you had a warranty problem. For example, my old Golf R32 had an engine oil starvation issue. The car had a Milltek exhaust which couldn't have caused the problem. The failure was actually due to a faulty oil pump. VW replaced my entire engine without any issues because they could not prove that my exhaust had caused my oil pump to fail. I'm pretty sure there was some change recently to EU legislation on things like warranty claims anyway, but I'll have to dig out what I had on it.

Personally speaking, I'd go no further than remapping and adding an exhaust to the 1M. To be honest, the car is so fast now that I'd probably not even bother with an exhaust (I think the stock system actually sounds very good). My remap is mild and when I spoke to DMS, they told me that I could go further, but at the expense of reliability and longevity.

I've spoken to a lot of people who have covered over 35,000 miles with DMS remapped cars and none of them have ever had any problems. Also, DMS did say that a couple of their customers had routine warranty work carried out (nothing to do with the remap) and have never had any issues with the dealer detecting the remap.

If I had a warranty claim and if my dealer searched, found and blamed it on my remap when clearly it had had no impact, I would ask them to put it in writing (which of course they would never do). For example, if the seat runner in my car was faulty, I'd not expect them to blame the remap!
And further to your comments Chris, I very much doubt that anyone that drove a remapped 1M from a dealer would know it had been remapped - I mean what are the chances of them having driven another 1M previously? Very slim I'd say and there is no visual indication (i.e. no boost gauge) that will make it obvious to a driver and the maps have not been detected for warranty claims previously. And if you did have a problem then they would just come out and load up your old map again.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 03:13 AM   #47
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
These are interesting numbers, both stock and remap figures are very impressive. First of all, tells us that a stock 1M has 380hp, 40 over the official! 420 torque (570nm I guess) is more in line with the most if not all of the previous dyno figures. I wonder why the hp figures differ wildly, from 350 hp in Chris' car to 380 hp in that case though?
My car had 1600 miles on the clock and Terry's had 4000, so that could have made an impact. Also different fuels could have been a factor. I was using a fuel that DMS recommended I change, so I'm now using something different.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #48
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Gas and mileage can make a difference, I agree. Anyway, stock torque is really very high, almost every stock 1M dynoed showed more than 570nm or 420lb ft, this means that there is much more than a slight massage to the regular N54 and I now started to think that they put some hp and torque on top of even the Z4 35is version of the N54T which we were expected to believe that is the same engine with the 1M's. In fact, this just makes sense. Since the beginning, I found it suspicious that the M engineers wouldn't go as much as they could (keeping in mind the reliability of the engine and capacity of the chassis and tires of course).

Thanks Chris, enjoy the car and tell us more when you can about your impressions with the car after the tune.

And if you already did not do this mode, try the car with some better rubber, I really feel sorry for those rear Michelin PS2s, they were meant to take care of the "mere" 400 nm of the M3 and only after very high revs.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #49
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

Quote:
I spoke to the chap at DMS earlier on the phone. He confirmed that a dyno plot would be available shortly on their website with the results. However he anticipated seeing around a 45-50bhp increase and a 50 lb/ft increase in torque. Price quoted on the phone was £795.00 and carried out at their HQ.

I'll be interested to see if anyone on here gets their car remapped as I'd imagine even as standard that it's pretty quick Remapped...well that's another story!!
this is pure ear candy...ringing them first thing in the morning
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #50
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardio View Post
this is pure ear candy...ringing them first thing in the morning
After my DMS remap I dyno'd the car on two separate dynos and recorded around 402bhp and 485 lb/ft torque
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #51
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
After my DMS remap I dyno'd the car on two separate dynos and recorded around 402bhp and 485 lb/ft torque
Are these numbers at the crank or wheels? Also, can you post your dyno charts. Max numbers are nice, but are worthless without their relationship to other parameters.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #52
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Are these numbers at the crank or wheels? Also, can you post your dyno charts. Max numbers are nice, but are worthless without their relationship to other parameters.
I believe these numbers are "at the crank" as you call it.

My dyno chart is below:

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #53
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, 1M,

Hi Chris,

Having originally started this thread, its actually been sometime since i've been on the forum. My 1M is currently sitting covered in a garage and the more i look back at this thread the more i feel i should just head down to DMS and get it done. So far my car has only covered 2.8K so still low mileage.

How have you been getting on with yours since the map?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #54
terrybGT3
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod99 View Post
Hi Chris,

Having originally started this thread, its actually been sometime since i've been on the forum. My 1M is currently sitting covered in a garage and the more i look back at this thread the more i feel i should just head down to DMS and get it done. So far my car has only covered 2.8K so still low mileage.

How have you been getting on with yours since the map?
Mine is fantastic mate, it's a ballistic missile and the remap has caused no issues. Even sailed through its first major service with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #55
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Where's the US ver of this reflash? ;-( feeling left out!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #56
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybGT3 View Post
Mine is fantastic mate, it's a ballistic missile and the remap has caused no issues. Even sailed through its first major service with no issues.
Hi Terry,

I understand you went down when Chris had his done? Have you had anything else done and does the remap feel very refined even during low revs/slow drive?

ps -I appreciate its not something you wish to drive slow.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 03:42 AM   #57
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine is even better now HotRod

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #58
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

What else did you get done to generate such crazy figures...??!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #59
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Mine is even better now HotRod

Wow! Could you take a new picture that shows the revs? That is one fat HP curve--doesn't matter what revs over what looks like may be 4000-6500!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #60
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
What else did you get done to generate such crazy figures...??!
N55 mids and a Forge Intercooler added and then a small re-tweak of the map

Em/1 - this is the only other phot I have and you can just see the revs at the bottom. Peak torque holds between something like 1900-4250rpm

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #61
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
That is good enough; can extrapolate from the 2 labelled verts (6750 and 6000). Really impressive the way keeps good power out to beyond 6500; already have the Forge so only an N55 and some kind of map away!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #62
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Em/1 if you read the review of my car I posted (link below), this is one thing they pick up on. The fact that it keeps pulling higher in the rev range.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=759231&page=2
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 02:40 AM   #63
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Morning Gents

After starting this thread near three years back, my car has been hidden away over the last year due to house purchase/renovation/rebuild work etc.

Now being back on the road, I decided to bite the bullet and visit our good friends at DMS.

Car was booked at the start of July at their facility in Southampton....and the Results....

Pre Map:
376hp

Post Map:
418hp

In sports mode throttle response is unbelievable. I have a Dymo graph available.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #64
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Morning Gents

After starting this thread near three years back, my car has been hidden away over the last year due to house purchase/renovation/rebuild work etc.

Now being back on the road, I decided to bite the bullet and visit our good friends at DMS.

Car was booked at the start of July at their facility in Southampton....and the Results....

Pre Map:
376hp

Post Map:
418hp

In sports mode throttle response is unbelievable. I have a Dymo graph available.
Question: pre map 376 hp is bhp or ps? And was your car bone stock before tune, if not what were already in (exhaust etc.)?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #65
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Question: pre map 376 hp is bhp or ps? And was your car bone stock before tune, if not what were already in (exhaust etc.)?
376 BHP was what was quoted by the chap post remap (or thereabouts)

My car is completely stock and has had nothing done to it. He did say that most 1M are pushing out more then quoted @ stock.

Dyno Graph:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3F...it?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #66
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm still really enjoying my 1M and the DMS map just makes it even better.

Next up, I think I might get myself a nice exhaust
Appreciate 0