BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
aloha03gs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS

thinking if I use should these seats for 135i..

okay i am thinking whether or not i should keep these seats and put them in the 135i...also the note...i am choosing to run a 4 pt. schroth harness so that will give me a little more clearance i think since there will be no seat belt side bracket needed for the stock seat belt.

they are sparco milano prestige...i have seen these seats in a e46 m3 but i am guessin the seat well dimensions are different prolly...

do you think there would be enough clearance?
is there any one that has sparco milano (the prestige model is the same in dimensions i believe) installed in their 135i?

thanks cody
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
murdoc158
Private
Rep
Drives:

Wow those look really nice. Those are in a Lexus GS right?
      01-26-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
aloha03gs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
Wow those look really nice. Those are in a Lexus GS right?

haha yups...this is where the seats came from...i decided to part out the car because i am gonna be honest here but lexus cant get their steering down. i still love lexus to death but i want a car with good handling AND steering.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

baller status with HREs ... looks very clean.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
murdoc158
Private
Rep
Drives:

You might be able to get some sliders and brackets made or bought once the aftermarket picks up for this car. The seats would be the same regardless of what car you bought them for. The only difference would be the sliders and brackets. I'm curious do those have side airbags? I believe the stock 135i seats have side airbags in them. If you swapped seats you would probably wind up with the airbag light on, and have NO airbags at that point. Probably not the best idea if you plan on daily driving the car.
      01-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #6
aloha03gs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
You might be able to get some sliders and brackets made or bought once the aftermarket picks up for this car. The seats would be the same regardless of what car you bought them for. The only difference would be the sliders and brackets. I'm curious do those have side airbags? I believe the stock 135i seats have side airbags in them. If you swapped seats you would probably wind up with the airbag light on, and have NO airbags at that point. Probably not the best idea if you plan on daily driving the car.
hmm i was just asking cuz some seat wells are smaller in width than others...they were a TIGHT fit in the gs...prolly about 5 mm of clearance on each side around the shoulders.

you are right around the 135i stock seats with airbags...thats a good point...it was the same with the GS but I heard some e46 m3 doing recaro pole position and I forget in details (reset?) but they had to work around this same issue as well.
Appreciate 0