BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2016, 10:53 PM   #23
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm874 View Post
And how is your suggestion more honest????? Telling them you might buy it after installation is lying....especially when you know you're not going to
I wouldn't personally do either, that's not how I operate. I'm a black and white kind of guy when it comes to this sort of thing.

Nonetheless, I see the above to be in a gray area, since one would be "firing a shot across the bow" and if there was any resistance on the part of the seller, one could decide not to do it.

I might feel differently if one was dealing with a reclaimed part, such as from a junk yard. In that case, you would not be taking something that is "new" by definition, out of its packaging, and returning it in a condition that is not new. Again, this would be my opinion of what someone else might do, because I would not be in this situation in the first place, and I'm not a junkyard type of customer.
Appreciate 0