Sorry to hear that mate.

Well written letter though.
      12-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #46
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

I feel your pain and can't believe BMW NA is taking this hard line response to your issue. Makes me possibly think twice about BMW's in the future.

The rest of us 1M owners should contact BMW NA to express our displeasure with how Dan was treated.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #47
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redadair View Post
I feel your pain and can't believe BMW NA is taking this hard line response to your issue. Makes me possibly think twice about BMW's in the future.

The rest of us 1M owners should contact BMW NA to express our displeasure with how Dan was treated.
...more like the entire community should contact BMWNA. Not to be pessimistic, I doubt they would care. I have heard some stories from friends that work at dealers, many people get shafted. Not sure how BMW gets repeat biz and is so profitable...
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:28 AM   #48
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

This thread might contribute to making BMWNA understand that locking Dedicated Dan out of the BMW house ain't the right thing to do. It's unfair and rather unsettling.

Even if BMWNA considers that it has sound grounds (merits) to deny Dan's claim, an ex gratia gesture for someone who is (or at least used to be) a true BMW aficionado but got caught up in an unfortunate situation re the BMW car, would be appreciated by the community.

Client care is not only about helping the customer in ordering/specifying a BMW car and offering a cup of coffee during maintenance, but also some leniency/indulgency when that same client faces adverse situations re the sold commodity, even in case of a borderline situation.

In good times and in bad times, otherwise it's only human that people part ways and move over, with a bad taste in their mouth, to the competition.

Reliability is not only appreciated re car parts, but also re human relationships and reputation.

Just my 2 cents.
      12-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #49
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
This thread might contribute to making BMWNA understand that locking Dedicated Dan out of the BMW house ain't the right thing to do. It's unfair and rather unsettling.

Even if BMWNA considers that it has sound grounds (merits) to deny Dan's claim, an ex gratia gesture for someone who is (or at least used to be) a true BMW aficionado but got caught up in an unfortunate situation re the BMW car, would be appreciated by the community.

Client care is not only about helping the customer in ordering/specifying a BMW car and offering a cup of coffee during maintenance, but also some leniency/indulgency when that same client faces adverse situations re the sold commodity, even in case of a borderline situation.

In good times and in bad times, otherwise it's only human that people part ways and move over, with a bad taste in their mouth, to the competition.

Reliability is not only appreciated re car parts, but also re human relationships and reputation.

Just my 2 cents.
Great post Artemis, 100% agree with all. That's the reason why 1M might be my last BMW, other than the car itself everything about the experience was full of issues and frustration, simply tiresome.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 07:34 AM   #50
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Thanks guys and very well stated Artemis. If anyone wants to speak up about the situation the number below is their tracking number to my case.

bmwusa@emails.bmwusa.com
2011 BMW 1M - Correspondence (1-2471578718)

As you can see, they appreciate your comments.

Attached Images

12-31-2012, 07:56 AM   #51
mojo_78613
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker
Thanks guys and very well stated Artemis. If anyone wants to speak up about the situation the number below is their tracking number to my case.

bmwusa@emails.bmwusa.com
2011 BMW 1M - Correspondence (1-2471578718)

As you can see, they appreciate your comments.

Sorry to hear about your experience with United BMW. Not sure whether it would be worthwhile contacting CCA and get them involved if you have not done so. The following is from their website:

Member Privileges
Access to our Technical Service Advisors for personalized advice.
Ombudsmen to help with dealer issues.
Outstanding national events including BMW CCA’s premier annual gathering.
Regional festivals, concours, and club-sponsored corrals at major road races
Driving schools, autocrosses, rallies, safety schools, and Club Racing.
Free classified ads on the website and in Roundel magazine.
Friends of BMW: A roster of fellow BMW CCA members who can offer coffee and conversation, repair tools, workspace, sometimes even help when you’re out on the road.
Availability of a BMW CCA affinity credit card.
Free BMW CCA decals available from the club office.
Access to all areas of the growing online community at BMWCCA.org.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #52
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

There's no point in contacting them. I'm no longer a member.
      12-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #53
rogbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina B12 5.0

Dan - as we have posted both on the board and directly, I am very sorry your case was handled in this fashon. I know you will land on your feet - you deserve it. Hang in there.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #54
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_78613 View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience with United BMW. Not sure whether it would be worthwhile contacting CCA and get them involved if you have not done so. The following is from their website:

Member Privileges
Access to our Technical Service Advisors for personalized advice.
Ombudsmen to help with dealer issues.
Outstanding national events including BMW CCA’s premier annual gathering.
Regional festivals, concours, and club-sponsored corrals at major road races
Driving schools, autocrosses, rallies, safety schools, and Club Racing.
Free classified ads on the website and in Roundel magazine.
Friends of BMW: A roster of fellow BMW CCA members who can offer coffee and conversation, repair tools, workspace, sometimes even help when you’re out on the road.
Availability of a BMW CCA affinity credit card.
Free BMW CCA decals available from the club office.
Access to all areas of the growing online community at BMWCCA.org.
Unfortunately, BMWCCA can't do anything as they are dependent on BMWNA.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #55
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

sorry to hear it ended this way.... Malarky...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #56
Dan Parker
Major
United_States
Rep

Sometimes I'm the bug, sometimes the windshield.
      01-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #57
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

This is incredibly frustrating. I agree with others, if this is how BMW treat M customers I don't expect to be coming back. There's plenty of choice out there and the world is a small place, screwing customers has a global impact.

Dan I truly feel sorry for the way you've been treated, I know you're being wise and cutting your losses but damn I hate seeing this injustice.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #58
zepper
Rep
Drives: Transit Connect

Hi all,
This is my first post, but I am a long time lurker. I was wondering if anyone had an update on the repairs for this car? The car popped up on the SF Bay Area CL for $60k, the seller said it had no issues and was never tracked. Clearly that was not the case. Then it was purchased a short while later by Premiere Motors in Hayward CA who now has it listed for $66k.
Just curious?

Thanks
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #59
III Caruso III
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 EB EVO8 WLTB: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepper
Hi all,
This is my first post, but I am a long time lurker. I was wondering if anyone had an update on the repairs for this car? The car popped up on the SF Bay Area CL for $60k, the seller said it had no issues and was never tracked. Clearly that was not the case. Then it was purchased a short while later by Premiere Motors in Hayward CA who now has it listed for $66k.
Just curious?

Thanks
What makes you think it's that 1M? Just curious. TY
Miles aren't to bad but, the price is high
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #60
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by III Caruso III View Post
What makes you think it's that 1M? Just curious. TY
Miles aren't to bad but, the price is high
Price is nuts in my humble opinion. No one loves the 1M more than me, but it is insane. I guess for full disclosure they posted it on autotrader with no price and being in California, I bit and called. They got my email and cell phone number than called me back with a ridiculous price. Shame on me for even calling. I kinda figured it was strange they don't post a price but curiosity got the best of me. Now I just feel they wasted my time with this nonesense.

Dan is very open and it should be simple to compare VINs. This VIN is not on the registry but not sure if Dan put it on there. Have you PMd him for his VIN?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #61
mrphil
Private First Class
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Price is nuts in my humble opinion. No one loves the 1M more than me, but it is insane. I guess for full disclosure they posted it on autotrader with no price and being in California, I bit and called. They got my email and cell phone number than called me back with a ridiculous price. Shame on me for even calling. I kinda figured it was strange they don't post a price but curiosity got the best of me. Now I just feel they wasted my time with this nonesense.

Dan is very open and it should be simple to compare VINs. This VIN is not on the registry but not sure if Dan put it on there. Have you PMd him for his VIN?
Vin was posted in dans letter on page two

WBSUR9C54BVP75967
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #62
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphil View Post
Vin was posted in dans letter on page two

WBSUR9C54BVP75967
Yup, that's it. Dan's famous with us here on 1addicts so maybe that's why the price is so high!

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #63
zepper
Rep

Yeah I saw the vin in the CL ad and of course plugged it into Google. This thread came up (bc of Dan's LTR). Now Premiere Motors has it up. I'm just curious if BMW denied his warranty claim was the motor rebuilt or replaced?

Sat in the car today--beautiful car. I want one with a little less history though. ��
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:30 PM   #64
smq42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 1m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepper
Yeah I saw the vin in the CL ad and of course plugged it into Google. This thread came up (bc of Dan's LTR). Now Premiere Motors has it up. I'm just curious if BMW denied his warranty claim was the motor rebuilt or replaced?

Sat in the car today--beautiful car. I want one with a little less history though. ��
Disappointing that the selling dealership doesn't disclose the engine history. Did you ask them directly?
?13 E70 X5
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #65
zepper
Rep

No. For all I know they didn't know. The CL seller may not have disclosed it to them. He sure wasn't disclosing it in his ad. I don't know how the original owner sold his car (or traded it in). I guess its possible the CL seller didn't know if he bought it from CarMax or something?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 11:50 PM   #66
zepper
Rep

I'm just curious, would be nice to know some of the details. This car is a bit of an unsolved mystery.
Appreciate 0