BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
no6thgear
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Adaptive Headlight Droopy

Just got a new error message on my display one night. I check out my headlights and see the driver side adaptive light is pointing downward. I tried searching but don't seem to see anyone with the same issue. Noone mentions that the light is drooped downward. Is there anyone specific that is the culprit that anyone knows about....or is a completely new headlight required?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Somewhat related post ...

I have had one adaptive headlight malfunction warning light pop up on my 2011 135i. At the time of the event, I was driving the car hard at dusk (read: lapping). The malfunction light went away after I turned the engine off/on.

Car is still under warranty.

My dealership could not locate any DIAG errors or reproduce the issue, probably due to the fact that my Cobb PTF tune erases and clears the DTC's after any map changes or complete Cobb AP3 software removal from DME.

I wonder if vibration or hitting a large bump can cause this warning light to pop on just like that ...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
greensto
Wild Card
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Conversion

You can use a flathead to turn the low beam up more. Look under the hood near the headlights for a hexagon-shaped female part. I believe counterclockwise is to bring the lowbeams up, but don't quote me on that.

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #4
Reapur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

On the driver side front lower control arm there's a leveling sensor for the lights, there's also one on the rear lower suspension arm. If these have popped off or the plastic broke then your lights will not be able to function right. Inspect the two sensors and make sure nothing is amiss
Appreciate 0