E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW problems what would you do

12-26-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
Ex's335
Private
Rep
Drives: 95 civic,

BMW problems what would you do

I have order my car in Oct with a delivery date in Dec. I have been waiting patiently for my vehicle and it has been at the dealer for 3 wks. 1st it was dealer problems, then bank issues (getting money sent to dealer), and now don't have paperwork for car so they can deliver it to me. I'm in the military and are getting ready to go to school for a week then the field for 45 days. Then after that I'm going to the states for a mth and then probably deploying. So basically I will be paying for a car that I haven't seen (dealer is 1hr30min away)and may not be able to pick up for over a year. I have no car by the way since my old car is now sold. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
06 BMW 325i SP,Xenon,Beige, Assist, Nav, Heated Seats, PDC, Logic 7,retired Black 07 BMW 335i coupe with Coral Red leather, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, CW Pkg, NAV, Steptronic with Paddle Shifters, Comfort Access, IPOD Retro-fit, Alarm, M-kit, M3 Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
Ex's335
Private
Rep

Thanks for the input. I'll know better than to ask next time.
06 BMW 325i SP,Xenon,Beige, Assist, Nav, Heated Seats, PDC, Logic 7,retired Black 07 BMW 335i coupe with Coral Red leather, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, CW Pkg, NAV, Steptronic with Paddle Shifters, Comfort Access, IPOD Retro-fit, Alarm, M-kit, M3 Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #3
BeemMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Go to Jag and see if you can pull out of the purchase, or atleast find out what legal rights you may have. Buy you self a hupty (a cheap used car) to get you around until your deployment. Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

-Tom

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
MIKEYMIKE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i 6mt

Get your money back, there's no point in buying a car you're going to have sitting around while you are deployed.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 04:11 AM   #5
Ex's335
Private
Rep

Thanks for the input, but since the financing has already went threw it's harder for me to get the money back. I will find out my options from the dealer today.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 05:35 AM   #6
BeemMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Let us know what happens.....Keep in mind you do not have to accept the car if you do not want to, but you may be out your 2k deposit..

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
Ex's335
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemMeUp
Let us know what happens.....Keep in mind you do not have to accept the car if you do not want to, but you may be out your 2k deposit..
Called the dealer today and still have no answer. Hopefully I will find out something tommorow. Now I have no car(cause my old one is sold) and now it looks like I'll be renting a car. Oh well I'm getting tired of stressing on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2005, 08:54 AM   #8
killahurtz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 325i w/ sports package

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I am in the military, also. I just got my 325i in Nov, ordered it in Jul. That was a long wait. You need to go to the dealership while its open and stay until you get some answers. Plus, call your bank, explain the situation about you being deployed soon. They may give you some helpful advise. But don't sit here an complain, you got to go get some answers right away.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
Ex's335
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahurtz
I am in the military, also. I just got my 325i in Nov, ordered it in Jul. That was a long wait. You need to go to the dealership while its open and stay until you get some answers. Plus, call your bank, explain the situation about you being deployed soon. They may give you some helpful advise. But don't sit here an complain, you got to go get some answers right away.
I should have my car by the 18th of Jan. My car is on the showroom floor but, Munich is closed till the 8th of Jan. BMW plants have more holidays than any other place I know.
Appreciate 0