BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #23
lee335
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M-sport Coupe

hello,

If you don't mind me asking what was your mapped 335d like compared to the 135i? Im only asking as i have an E92 M3 and am selling it to get a 335d and was going to get it mapped. I need to pull some money out of the car. The 335d mapped seem the only option and i think its going to be quite fast in my head beating an Audi S3, VXR, Ford ST mapped, Audi 3.0TDI quattro sport, and all other cars in that reign

thanks in advance

Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamier27 View Post
Hi all

Finally got myself a 135i, only had it an hour lol and have not yet seen it in daylight eeeek

All seems well, it was a risky purchase (and still is tbh) did a deal with a guy over the phone and did a few checks with the bmw computer and HPI.

Anyway its arrived home (in law picked it up this morning on his truck) and it drives spot on tho tbh it feels gutless but then coming from a mapped 335d most things will, i think i need to learn to use all the revs again, got too lazy with the 525lbs ft of torque....

Anyone from cumbria??

having a little meet with some freinds on the 24th of november and going for a jaunt either up hartside or up to the borders if anyones interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #24
jamier27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee335 View Post
hello,

If you don't mind me asking what was your mapped 335d like compared to the 135i? Im only asking as i have an E92 M3 and am selling it to get a 335d and was going to get it mapped. I need to pull some money out of the car. The 335d mapped seem the only option and i think its going to be quite fast in my head beating an Audi S3, VXR, Ford ST mapped, Audi 3.0TDI quattro sport, and all other cars in that reign

thanks in advance

Lee
335 d was immense!

I got a down pipe and mapped by stan at ecotune...
Result

Never been in a car with so much low down grunt, that vid is a pull from 30 in 3rd so you get the idea.
When I first got the 135i I thought that it was gutless, which it obviously isn't, and am pretty it sure it will make a e92 m3 feel the same in everyday driving.

I really love the 135i as I don't doo many miles so 335d was a bit pointless for me plus it felt so much more tank like compared to the amazingly nimble (for its weight) 135i

No I have the jb4 it has transformed the 135 and when on boost it is probably a little quicker than the 335 especially above 80....

The 335 hung onto a vxr8 up yo silly speeds which am sure he was wounded by.

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #25
lee335
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M-sport Coupe

thanks for getting back to me, you have just confirmed that im going to get a 335d now 100%. I don't do many miles either per year (5k) but the M3 drinks far too much and i need more MPG and still good performance and i think the 335d with fit both of them. Ive had the 335i before the M3 with JB4 and DCI but hated the road TAX

thanks again Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamier27 View Post
335 d was immense!

I got a down pipe and mapped by stan at ecotune...
Result

Never been in a car with so much low down grunt, that vid is a pull from 30 in 3rd so you get the idea.
When I first got the 135i I thought that it was gutless, which it obviously isn't, and am pretty it sure it will make a e92 m3 feel the same in everyday driving.

I really love the 135i as I don't doo many miles so 335d was a bit pointless for me plus it felt so much more tank like compared to the amazingly nimble (for its weight) 135i

No I have the jb4 it has transformed the 135 and when on boost it is probably a little quicker than the 335 especially above 80....

The 335 hung onto a vxr8 up yo silly speeds which am sure he was wounded by.

Appreciate 0