BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
rps
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

Nice surprise at BMW Dealer

I had my car at the dealer for the battery cable recall yesterday and today. One side effect that the whining I have experienced on my HAM Radio since I have had the car. As I was leaving I noticed that my third brake light was out. It worked when I brought the car in, but went out when they had the car. The light was replaced at no charge because they had replaced the light last year due to a cracked lens. The new light has a single lite bar instead of the individual LED's. The new light assembly looks much nicer than the old one.
      04-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rps View Post
I had my car at the dealer for the battery cable recall yesterday and today. One side effect that the whining I have experienced on my HAM Radio since I have had the car. As I was leaving I noticed that my third brake light was out. It worked when I brought the car in, but went out when they had the car. The light was replaced at no charge because they had replaced the light last year due to a cracked lens. The new light has a single lite bar instead of the individual LED's. The new light assembly looks much nicer than the old one.
Cool can you post a pic? Is your car still under warranty?
My light is cracked but warranty out.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
It's a recall item so I don't think your warranty status matters one bit.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
It's a recall item so I don't think your warranty status matters one bit.
I don't think the center brake light was covered by recall. There was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on it though. TSB's just let the dealers know of "known" issues for cars under warranty. Basicaly IF you complain about said TSB problem, the dealer will fix "that" known problem/fix.

And btw... the center brake light is not that expensive. I think under $40.
Appreciate 0