BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

BMW's $4000 Efficient Dynamics discount

BMW appear to be doing a MINIMUM $4k discount on cars ordered & delivered between Oct 10 and Nov 30.

1. Would this be on top of any dealer discount as (I think) it would be an incentive offered by BMW Australia??? If so this $4k+ discount would be a solid deal.
2. What happens if you have to order a new car from Germany so delivery will be after the deadline?
3. Is this just to clear out existing 09 stock?

Link Here: http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/insight...FQEupAodEBQCkg
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Blacky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I saw that but could work out what they were getting at, me not too smart LOL

Maybe I need to look into seeing as I need to buy a new car.

If this is a BMW Aust. incentive over and above any normal negotiated discount it would make things interesting.

Now all I have to do is get enough energy up to visit a dealer and put up with all the BS that goes with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Yeah I know what you are saying Blacky. All the BS you have to go through with some dealers makes the whole buying experience a very tedious and often downright frustrating event.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

If it's like most BMW 'incentives', it will only apply to vehicles that are in stock....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 04:06 AM   #5
Blacky
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I just read the add in the paper and it says off list price, again I am not sure what that means.

Anyhow, I might give it a go this week and see what sort of incentive it really is
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

BMW usually offers incentives for the dealer to give those discounts. They will be on top of your normal negotiated price if you are skilled enough to get it . The only issue now is that there's no published list price for everyone to work or compare with. I guess, may be get the dealer quote you the itemised list price first (not sure if the dealer still does it) , and then start from there. There are numerous threads about what are usually the fair price.

As MickyD stated, it is always for what's stocked only, but they have ways to get the cars in bond as well.
Appreciate 0