BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #23
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by max102654 View Post
Thanks for the link. I spoke to the BMWNA excutive customer representative and the dealer customer manager. They both said that they talked to the shop manager who will be driving my car to try duplicating the failure. The dealer customer manager said that they are not authorized to replace any components w/o duplicating the failure or fault codes since BMW will not pay for it. They both said they understand and sympathisize with my situation but there is not really a whole lot that they can do since the shop has to follow BMW policies. It is obvious that these policies are designed to minimize repair cost to BMW, not for providing satisfactory repair to defective components. The warranty from BMW really doesn't mean a whole lot as all they are trying to do is finding excuses not to correct the problem.

I downloaded the link of the recall and emailed them already, questioning them why they didn't replace the HPFP per this recall. However, I think their next act is going to be saying that the recall was already performed on my car since I got the 2nd HPFP on May 2010 even though the recall was announced on October 2010, I am betting that they're going to use this excuse not to replace the HPFP and give me the latest one. I am perssimistic as far as BMW service is concerned.
Now that you gave them the information, wait to see what happens.
Don't blame BMW yet. This sounds like a misinformed dealer issue much more so than BMW not wanting to correct the situation.

If I were you I would be on the phone with BMWNA and asking them why my dealer won't perform a recall that I am entitled to. Tell them that the dealer says that a code needs to be in the ECU, and they need to replicate the problem, however, the recall does NOT state that at all. The recall bypasses the normal procedure. You dealer is giving you the correct normal procedure. But, again, this is a recall that you are asking them to comply with, not for them to try and duplicate being stuck in the desert.
If the dealer is trying to replicate being stranded, then he needs to drive out into the desert and do his testing there.
I would have BMWNA call your dealer and have them authorize compliance with the recall.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #24
max102654
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

The dealer customer manager called me this morning, saying that she elevated the issue to the BMW corporate executive who finally agreed that they will give me the latest HPFP, fuel injectors and software update. I thought these are actions supposed to be done per the recall but according to her, they have to go out of their way to get the corporate agreed to it.

I also don't understand why I had to fight for this so hard since it is supposed to be black and white according to the recall. I did download and email to them the .pdf file that contains the BMW press information on the recall and it was dated 10/26/2010, which is before the replacement of my 2nd HPFP. I don't know if they finally realize that this recall applies to me or they did have to elevate it to high up. Either way BMW has been giving me a run around and as a customer who had paid more than 50k for a so called high performance luxury car, they have made me feel like a pest or beggar. All I want is for them to do the right thing, fix the car and deliver a product as they promised.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
max102654
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Now that you gave them the information, wait to see what happens.
Don't blame BMW yet. This sounds like a misinformed dealer issue much more so than BMW not wanting to correct the situation.

If I were you I would be on the phone with BMWNA and asking them why my dealer won't perform a recall that I am entitled to. Tell them that the dealer says that a code needs to be in the ECU, and they need to replicate the problem, however, the recall does NOT state that at all. The recall bypasses the normal procedure. You dealer is giving you the correct normal procedure. But, again, this is a recall that you are asking them to comply with, not for them to try and duplicate being stuck in the desert.
If the dealer is trying to replicate being stranded, then he needs to drive out into the desert and do his testing there.
I would have BMWNA call your dealer and have them authorize compliance with the recall.
The dealer finally agreed to fix my car but they said it is nothing to do with the recall as they are going out of their way to get this done. I'll follow up with my BMWNA case manager to question if this recall is indeed not applicable according to BMW policy or the dealer is smoking.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by max102654 View Post
The dealer finally agreed to fix my car but they said it is nothing to do with the recall as they are going out of their way to get this done. I'll follow up with my BMWNA case manager to question if this recall is indeed not applicable according to BMW policy or the dealer is smoking.
If there is nothing wrong, according to what they have already said, then what in the world could they be "fixing"?

Let us know what they fixed that was apparently not broken.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #27
max102654
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
If there is nothing wrong, according to what they have already said, then what in the world could they be "fixing"?

Let us know what they fixed that was apparently not broken.

The SA called and said they replaced the HPFP and 3 fuel injectors. According to my record, they replaced my 2nd HPFP in May 2010 and 3 fuel injectors in March 2011. He said the job is done but he wants to keep the car and test drive it to make sure it is all good to go.

Just out of curiosity, how many fuel injectors do they have in the car? I always thought there is one injector per cylinder so it should be six injectors. If that is the case, why are they replaceing 3 at a time?
Appreciate 0