BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

engine tune with stock downpipes

Hey everyone. I have a question about tuning the engine. I am a complete noob when it comes to any kind of engine tuning, but after reading so many great reviews about jb3, procede, dinan ect, i decided to pick one of them. But here is my question. I was told by my mechanic that if i run my engine with increased boost and stock downpipes for prolonged period of time(track lapping for example), the engine will be under additional extra stress that will negatively affect longevity of it. So aftermarket less restrictive catless downpipes should also be installed to adress that issue. Is this true? Also, will the car pass annual inspection in new york with catless downpipes? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

We have OBD emmissions test and no sniffer so all you need is a CEL fix. Not sure if it's N55 compatible but burger motorsports sells them (same company that makes the JB3)

Appreciate 0