BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Car squeaking after dealer service

1st paragraph TL;DR: rant on shitty customer service, feel free to skip

OK...had a shitty experience with my dealer. I needed my oil filter housing gasket fixed and a cable to the starter replaced because the car wouldn't start. Both were covered under my CPO which was awesome and I thought all was well until I came to pick up the car and was asked to pay a $50 "deductable" for my CPO. In no uncertain terms, my service advisor told me everything was covered and there was no charge...and a $50 fee was not mentioned. This service advisor promised to call me back a few times and never did so this is no surprise. When I picked up the car she told me she had mentioned it, which pissed me off; nevertheless I politely and respectfully stated my case until she got pissed and shooed me away without needing to pay. What crappy customer service! If you make a mistake, own up to it and CERTAINLY don't be rude to the customer. Anyway, I guess that's all you can expect. It probably doesn't pay well to be a service advisor.

SO, now my car is squeaking like a hoopty and my crank pulley seems to be wobbling a bit whereas all other pulleys rotate smoothly on their axis. I've only been around newer cars so I've never seen this issue before even though it's common. What gives?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 02:43 AM   #2
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
1st paragraph TL;DR: rant on shitty customer service, feel free to skip

OK...had a shitty experience with my dealer. I needed my oil filter housing gasket fixed and a cable to the starter replaced because the car wouldn't start. Both were covered under my CPO which was awesome and I thought all was well until I came to pick up the car and was asked to pay a $50 "deductable" for my CPO. In no uncertain terms, my service advisor told me everything was covered and there was no charge...and a $50 fee was not mentioned. This service advisor promised to call me back a few times and never did so this is no surprise. When I picked up the car she told me she had mentioned it, which pissed me off; nevertheless I politely and respectfully stated my case until she got pissed and shooed me away without needing to pay. What crappy customer service! If you make a mistake, own up to it and CERTAINLY don't be rude to the customer. Anyway, I guess that's all you can expect. It probably doesn't pay well to be a service advisor.

SO, now my car is squeaking like a hoopty and my crank pulley seems to be wobbling a bit whereas all other pulleys rotate smoothly on their axis. I've only been around newer cars so I've never seen this issue before even though it's common. What gives?

Totaled ... Just go back and make a claim that way it's atleast on record if anything related to the squeezing breaks... As of right now them will prob say everything is in spec
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

all CPOs usually come with a deductible when serviced/repaired. that is normal and is in your CPO paperwork. since they did the work, take it back for them to fix it. you are still under your CPO warranty and all of their work should also come with a warranty.

maybe start with a clean slate and explain the situation. you will have to pay the $50 this time since you didn't in the initial RO/claim.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #4
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

The $50 deductible isn't the issue, the lack of communication and lack of reliability / integrity of the SA were the issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #5
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Same thing happened to me when I had my OFHG replaced. The next morning when I started my car a squeaking noise was coming from one of the pulleys/serpentine belt. Called the dealership and told them about the noise and they took my car back in to repair. I don't remember which pulley it was but they covered it for free. I am guessing oil, coolant, or both spilled all over the place and caused the issue. I would call them back and tell them there is a noise that wasn't there before. Hopefully they will fix it.
Appreciate 0