BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
1ForAllFor1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Question Need Advice.

Sorry for the quick, poorly constructed post, but I am in a hotel room about to head off to a wedding and I don't have much time. Long story short, WEIRD situation. I'm traveling to Ohio, and I pull up to a gas pump at a station in some shit ass town in the middle of the country. So APPARENTLY (i was driving and really confused by everything happening), as I'm aligning my car with the pump (i'm already pulled up in the slot mind you), some biker comes roaring into my pump spot (probably thinking that i was just leaving), and as I'm going backwards, we connect.

I have a nice little scratch on the left side of my rear bumper (it's not deep, but about three inches long -- anyone have an idea of what that will cost to have repaired?), and the bike has a very small scratch on it's chrome front. The rest of the bike appears fine. Anyway, I was dealing with a furious, HUGE biker dude, and I was waaaay out of my element, so I basically admitted fault to calm him down, but during this incident two random people at the station came up to me and told me it was his fault and I was getting screwed.

Anyway, he claimed it was his son's bike, that his son was a police officer and that's he'd call him and get him to come down. So the son comes down (i honestly have no idea if he was a really cop, might have just been a receptionist or something), but the son is a good guy, doesn't really care and says he'll let his dad ride the bike for the rest of the day and see if anything appears wrong.

So we agreed not to file a police report (the son, aka police officer says that they wouldn't even file one in that jurisdiction anyway), and not to call insurance for now.

I'm worried I got screwed. I asked that the guy call me tonight either way and let me know what the situation is. If he calls tonight and asks for a grand, what do I do? Call my insurance? I have a 500 deductable so i guess there really wouldn't even be a point... UGH.

My poor car. Help me! Please?
      09-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
1ForAllFor1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

PS, like I said, the spot on my car is small but definitely there. Will I have to have my entire bumper replaced?