BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-26-2021, 06:46 PM   #23
wantmymoneyincash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
"You only need to code the battery if it is a different CCA and/or size (H7 vs H5 etc). If you get the exact same size and CCA as the OEM battery, you do not need to code it."

I have read that even it is the same battery, because it's new, it needs to be registered. The computer will treat an older battery differently than a new one. Not registering it may shorten the life of the new battery.
Probably true.. listen to this guy and register/code it regaurdless.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 11:16 PM   #24
rivr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

I got the battery and cable but when I plugged it in it wont show under Ports(COM & LPT). It showed under other devices likely bc I didnt have the drivers so I went to download them with this tut.

When I downloaded Mikes Easy BMW Tool it wouldnt download the drivers and it still appeared under other devices but as the right name (USB Serial Port).

http://blog.obdii365.com/2015/09/08/...-driver-fixed/

Also I have windows 10 pro and the DCAN cable with the green board. If anyone knows a threads with answers id greatly appreciate it. Kind of hard to find info on my problems.

edit:
I dont have any android devices for protool but id still like to find a way to use BMW Tools for tunes and finding codes down the line.

Last edited by rivr; 03-27-2021 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: mo
Appreciate 0