KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Black 1M rear-ended near Stamford, CT train station

Anyone on here? Couldn't get a pic but definitely a 1M with a cop car under 95 in Stamford CT, near the train station.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

That's why I don't take the 1M to Stamford. The driving's pretty bad. I always take my Honda CR-V.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Driving in this town reminds me of the beginning of every zombie movie. Things are a little off and nobody seems to know where they're going or what they're doing. You see accidents and random police cars all over the place.

Stamford Driving:

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
SloPoke
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

If it was a white one, I'd be freaking out right now. Mine just got delivered to a CT dealer and they are most likely doing PDI yesterday/today.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

Unhappy Crazy driving...

that was me I knew it, someone would report it here, the car gets noticed from a mile, even in the dark

the dude pulled out of the lane to the left of me as I stopped for the lights... changed the lane to be behind me, and all of a sudden drove into my rear end.

My jaws dropped as I usually look out for the cars behind me, but this time I did not expect him to do it as he was initially going slow

There is no visual damage, but I was so pissed at the crazy man I called the cops, I had the impression he deliberately drove into me as there was no other traffic behind us at the time. I mean, come on, really ?!.... you are pulling out from another lane, use dam brakes!

The bump from behind was moderate, the car was a bit dirty after the rainy day and it was dark so I could not estimate clearly what needs to be done to fix it.

After a wash few hours later and morning inspection, it's almost invisible, if you put your face into a bumper as close as 5 inch, you can see a mark made by other car licence plate bolts printed into a paint... but all in all not really visible at all if you are not looking very close and know where to look for it.

I tell you that after this incident, I am planning not to take it Stamford anymore, unless I really need to. Parking in Bridgeport from now on and taking the train.

One more, if it was VO or AW, the marks would be visible for sure, on the BSM, not at all.

I plan to take it to a detailer to see what they can say, and maybe post pictures here.

Anyway, I need to put that paint protection now, that would def help in this situation

Btw, as I was standing there, an AW 1M flew by, good looking at night, me liking it.

Now, the question is, did I overreact ? I am getting overprotective and obsessed by the car? My wife definitely thinks so. The marks on bumpers are bound to happen if it's a daily driver like my 1M is and if these tiny marks are the only ones I will get on my bumpers I would be super happy, but as of now I am afraid to drive it into the city. I was so pissed, it ruined my evening
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

overly protective?

Nah.

Mine sits in the garage during winter and is only DD if it's sunshine
      12-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

That sucks!
      12-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
bimmer ///man
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

That video is hilarious.

-Z- Sorry to hear about your car. While I was living on the east coast it was sad to see all the bolt hole marks in the back of the cars. This was in Hoboken, NJ where parking is a nightmare. If you are going to be driving in the city a lot, there was a bumper protector called Bumper Bully (I think that's right). It just unfolds out of the trunk when you park to protect the rear. I'm not sure what you would do with the front.

Good to hear there wasn't much damage though.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
Stags00
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '14 F30 335i xdrive

I also happened to see your accident, I was catching my train from the Stamford train station myself. I commute from Bridgeport and i feel better knowing my baby is safetly parked. I rather risk leaving my car in Bridgeport, than drive to Zombieland, aka Stamford......

'14 F30 335i X-Drive, Sport line, Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #10
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Sorry to hear man.

I'm surprised there are so many 1Ms in Stamford I know of a few, my 1M is in Stamford now as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #11
AM1N
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
that was me I knew it, someone would report it here, the car gets noticed from a mile, even in the dark

the dude pulled out of the lane to the left of me as I stopped for the lights... changed the lane to be behind me, and all of a sudden drove into my rear end.

My jaws dropped as I usually look out for the cars behind me, but this time I did not expect him to do it as he was initially going slow

There is no visual damage, but I was so pissed at the crazy man I called the cops, I had the impression he deliberately drove into me as there was no other traffic behind us at the time. I mean, come on, really ?!.... you are pulling out from another lane, use dam brakes!

The bump from behind was moderate, the car was a bit dirty after the rainy day and it was dark so I could not estimate clearly what needs to be done to fix it.

After a wash few hours later and morning inspection, it's almost invisible, if you put your face into a bumper as close as 5 inch, you can see a mark made by other car licence plate bolts printed into a paint... but all in all not really visible at all if you are not looking very close and know where to look for it.

I tell you that after this incident, I am planning not to take it Stamford anymore, unless I really need to. Parking in Bridgeport from now on and taking the train.

One more, if it was VO or AW, the marks would be visible for sure, on the BSM, not at all.

I plan to take it to a detailer to see what they can say, and maybe post pictures here.

Anyway, I need to put that paint protection now, that would def help in this situation

Btw, as I was standing there, an AW 1M flew by, good looking at night, me liking it.

Now, the question is, did I overreact ? I am getting overprotective and obsessed by the car? My wife definitely thinks so. The marks on bumpers are bound to happen if it's a daily driver like my 1M is and if these tiny marks are the only ones I will get on my bumpers I would be super happy, but as of now I am afraid to drive it into the city. I was so pissed, it ruined my evening
not overly protective at all...

my reaction probably would've been worse to be honest.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
HALOTHANE
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: INTERLAGOS ZCP

Garage List
Make sure your exhaust was not damaged or misaligned since it portrudes from the car's rear valance.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MVO View Post
Make sure your exhaust was not damaged or misaligned since it portrudes from the car's rear valance.
will sure look for this, doubt there was a damage to that area though, acura had a huge licence plate holder sticking out.

One more reason to do the rear fog light mod, and put it ON at all time driving in traffic, hell yes!!! Will do this weekend probably.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #14
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
There are definitely several in the area. I see a white one around Norwalk and there is another (assuming it's not the same one) at SAC Capital. There's a VO in the Shippan area as well and Zs black one. I know Darien sold 3 but there seems to be a very high number in the area but I guess with Stamford being such a business hub, it shouldn't be that surprising.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #15
LeifW
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
There are definitely several in the area. I see a white one around Norwalk .
I work at the Merrit 7 office park in Norwalk. Maybe you're seeing mine.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Could be... I actually tried to chase it down once but lost it behind the Wendy's off rt123. I got stuck at the light when they made it through... I would have run it but unlike Stamford, Norwalk frowns upon the running of red lights.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
LeifW
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Could be... I actually tried to chase it down once but lost it behind the Wendy's off rt123. I got stuck at the light when they made it through... I would have run it but unlike Stamford, Norwalk frowns upon the running of red lights.
Might have been me. The gas station I usually go to is right before the Wendy's on 123.

Leif W.

Last edited by LeifW; 12-02-2011 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #18
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are definitely several in the area. I see a white one around Norwalk and there is another (assuming it's not the same one) at SAC Capital. There's a VO in the Shippan area as well and Zs black one. I know Darien sold 3 but there seems to be a very high number in the area but I guess with Stamford being such a business hub, it shouldn't be that surprising.
The VO is probably me, I work in Stamford and am in that area a decent amount.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #19
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
If you see a Space Gray 135i, that's me! I remember you from the GTI boards... damn

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #20
mattm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
AW in Norwalk? Prolly me. Look for the Speedvision sticker on it. I was number three at Darien. Actually I was #1, then #2. When they said #3 is up, and that this will be the last allocation, I caved in. In Westport, at the real estate company next to mine there is a VO picked-up about two weeks prior in the carolinas. I work at a RE company two so it is funny to 1Ms next door to each other.

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes. I will surely learn a great deal today.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you see a Space Gray 135i, that's me! I remember you from the GTI boards... damn
Yep, that's me. I have the Mkv r32
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #22
1M Fan
SMSgt
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Garage List
1012 F150  [0.00]
1971 Chevrolet Nova  [0.00]
2011 1M  [0.00]
You are not being overly protective. Does anyone know if they use the styrofoam stiffeners on the 1M bumpers. If so, you need to have them checked to see if they are crushed. They will need replacing if crushed or you will damage your bumper the next time you bump it.

The bumper stiffeners are how most manufactures comply with the 2.5 mph bumper basher test.
Appreciate 0