BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-20-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
Capt Donkey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2c 6spd, F80 M3 sold, 1M

Personal Profile Glitch?

I get a smile on my face every time I drive this car :-) . . .

Can personal profile settings be deleted in this version of iDrive? I'd like to reset mine (start fresh) if possible to see if it clears up the following oddity. I have a fully-loaded car with comfort access.

Background
I ocean swim regularly. Since I can't take my remote with me, I lock it in the car with the key, then lock the physical key in a combo lock box on the door. When I come back, I unlock with the key and drive off.
Bizarrely my personal profile settings change (radio presets, seat position etc). Can't understand why profile settings aren't simply retained from when I locked the car (what my F80 does when the physical key is used) as the remote hasn't changed. If I hit open on the remote before starting, my correct personal profile info is back like it should be.

Another weirdness, if I use the key to lock the car like above, get back in without touching the remote and start the car, I can then change those personal profile settings that apparently occur ONLY when I used the key to lock/unlock it-they will be retained the next time the physical key is used as I've described. It's as though using key to lock/unlock the car carries with it a separate personal profile. As I said, hitting open on the remote with car off fixes everything upon startup so I guess nothing's really wrong. I suppose I could also duplicate all the correct personal profile settings when using the key to lock in case I forget to hit open with the remote before I start and drive off so things would be right.

It's just so strange. Has anyone else experienced what I'm describing and if yes, do you have an explanation? Thank you!
Appreciate 0