BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

05-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #45
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

hahahahhaha i gotta laugh at that

i guess i would prefer a badass white trash rocker that sleeps with anyone he wants then hugh grant :iono:
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #46
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyknicks11 View Post
I personally like the Infiniti M35/45 more than the 5 series bimmer...I chose it for my mother to drive on a daily basis...but I would choose every other car in the BMW lineup over the other Infiniti vehicles...
I like the FX as well but the price has raised more and more and is now in more competition with the X5 rather than the X3

All in all both are great manufacturers...
5 series is the benchmark of the segment. When you spend 50K, you'd better stick with the Germans.
      05-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #47
whya1?
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
"that thing will smoke all of us here !!
135i is fast!!" Quote from a guy on G37 board. Well atleast he saw the light, when the tail lights of the 135i were no longer visible.
That was probably a 1 series owner trolling. Smoking someone is subjective. The cars are probably pretty close in the quarter mile. Definitely not a .5 to one second difference (my definition of smoking someone) Though on a roll the 1 series would take the G due to the low turbo torque.

And the 700/month quoted before is if you put no money down and bought the car. A 35k loan is a bit more than 700/month, depending on rates. That is way too much to spend on a car with the practical limitations of the 1 series if you are looking for a daily driver family car. Much better suited with either a cheaper 128 or larger 328.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 05:10 PM   #48
whya1?
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
5 series is the benchmark of the segment. When you spend 50K, you'd better stick with the Germans.
It is for now. The quality of other manufacturers is quickly closing that performance gap. I am actually excited to see the new Hyundai Genesis. I know everyone on the BMW/Mercedes/Audi boards is saying the same thing:

"But its a hyundai!!!"

The nice thing is the car is brand new in every aspect and was a true clean slate design. It has a fiber optic backbone for all of the expected tech bells and whistles and is going to be just about the size of a 7 series for under 40k. If Hyundai can get the little details right I fully expect them to pull off quite a few buyers from the Germans. Especially those who are buying a car, not a badge.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #49
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

I was looking at the back of a road and track yesterday, the difference in the quarter mile is .7 or .8.

here you go - http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...5i_vs_G37S.pdf that's a 335, we know the 135 is faster!

couldn't help myself, posted in the g37 thread, they'll probably flame me for the rest of the thread. I just think its funny that g37 owners rag on how the 1er looks. g37 looks like ass compared to g35coupe. And 135 just looks like classic understated bmw, so i don't get it.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #50
JSierra
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by whya1? View Post
It is for now. The quality of other manufacturers is quickly closing that performance gap. I am actually excited to see the new Hyundai Genesis. I know everyone on the BMW/Mercedes/Audi boards is saying the same thing:

"But its a hyundai!!!"

The nice thing is the car is brand new in every aspect and was a true clean slate design. It has a fiber optic backbone for all of the expected tech bells and whistles and is going to be just about the size of a 7 series for under 40k. If Hyundai can get the little details right I fully expect them to pull off quite a few buyers from the Germans. Especially those who are buying a car, not a badge.
My friend and I were talking about this the other day. Hyundai seems to be going in the right direction, especially after the tiburon. But we came to the agreement if we were to buy one, it would be the second or third year production model.