BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-12-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
prcsa77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Driver Side Door Actuator

Driver's side door will not unlock with remote, inside central unlock or touch. It will unlock and open mechanically with inner door lever or from the outside with key. It locks along the passenger door with remote, inner central lock, touch or key. Checked the fuses and they were OK. I'm I looking at replacing the actuator or is there something else I need to check? ('09 135i) Thanks in advance, t
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by prcsa77 View Post
Driver's side door will not unlock with remote, inside central unlock or touch. It will unlock and open mechanically with inner door lever or from the outside with key. It locks along the passenger door with remote, inner central lock, touch or key. Checked the fuses and they were OK. I'm I looking at replacing the actuator or is there something else I need to check? ('09 135i) Thanks in advance, t

i have the same problem. did you end up fixing it?
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #3
dojk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I had that problem before, BMW replaced the actuator under warranty.

But if its out of warranty, the order comes in a pair. so you will have a spare.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
prcsa77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Sorry about the slow reply. I did. I had a hard time finding a clear DIY instructions or vid. That said, with a combination of vids and DIY's, I was able to figure it out. You can order a single actuator (L or R); and going slowly, can be done in a couple of hours. I found a DIY thread on a older 3 series and although a little different, it gave me a good idea where the wires or connectors were. I combined this with a couple of vids on how to upgrade your stereo on BMW's, and it was a solid base.

The stereo installs along with this diy actuator replacement (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477507) show exactly where body panel clips and retainers are and how to remove them, saving you major fru$tration$.... What was missing or different was that you: Needed to have the window up, and not need to remove it from it's mechanism. Needed (at least I did) to loosen the lower window track anchor bolt (what I call it) in order to wiggle/rotate the actuator between the track and the outer door skin and out through the door access hole, and then back into its position.

You access that anchor bolt located at the bottom of the inside of the door via an inspection port just under the door latch at the door jamb. The bolt is angled at about 45 degrees facing that hole. You will need a long extension for it. Pay attention where the bottom of the track was anchored since it is adjustable and potentially cause window sealing issues later.

Hopes this helps. t

Last edited by prcsa77; 05-07-2015 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
HIPSI
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I now have this issue/problem. Only difference (I think) is that my drivers side will lock as per normal, just not unlock via ANY manner other than the inside door handle, not even using the key.

I can hear the actuator clicking when I lock and attempt to unlock, but only the passenger side door "button" pops up. No time to attempt DIY will likely pay to have it repaired/fixed.

Has anyone done the same, dealer or indy?

Curious to know what the damage range $$ might be?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
ianc
Ex '87 Carrera
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 TiAg 6MT 135i

If you can hear the actuator clicking, it's some mechanical\linkage issue. Pull the door apart and see what's going on in there...

ianc
Appreciate 0