BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Who Does Not like Tickets! Must Have

If you are out there testing your 60-130mph runs in the most illegal ways then you need these. If you have a heavy foot, then you need these. If for some reason you cannot remotely come close to staying at the speed limit, then you need these! These are protective devices that are guaranteed to keep you ticket safe while in your performance vehicle. Vivid Racing now carries the Blinder M25 and M45 Laser Jammer kits as well as the top of the line Beltronics Radar Detectors.

The Blinder Laser Jammers we have used on our own Porsche cars through 2 Gumball 3000 rally events with amazing success. The M25 is the kit for just the front while the M45 gives you front and rear protection. The laser jammers interupt the laser signal to prevent you from getting a ticket. When laser hits your car, the jammer goes off giving you an audible alert inside your vehicle. Read more on our Blinder Laser Jammers Here.

The most common form of speed calculation by the Police is via a Radar Gun. In some states, radar detectors are illegal. Certain radar detectors might not have the capability to give you early enough warning or even pick up new Photo Radar. Vivid Racing now carries the best from Beltronics including the STi-R and the RX75 remote laser and radar detectors. These kits mount discreetly in your car with no obstruction to your windshield. They provide the ultimate in front and rear protection. Read more about the Beltronics Radar Detectors Here.

Contact us for special pricing!

Blinder M25/M45 Laser Jammers

Beltronics STi-R Radar Detector System

Beltronics RX75 Radar Detector Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
BMWDave
Totally Add1cted
Australia
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive23d

Garage List
2011 BMW X1 23d  [7.66]
I can highly recommend the Bel STi-R. I have once installed in my car and it works a charm. Installed pics here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=17

Neat, discreet, effective. Jammers are illegal in Oz so can't comment on their effectiveness.
      02-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
raolc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4m

I know that laser jammers are illegal in California...

So here is what I'm thinking..

If you get a laser jammer, these ones tell you when you've been hit, correct? So I can turn it off immediately after while simultaneously slowing down, so that when the cop hits me again it'll go through and he won't suspect a laser jammer. Does this sound about right?

But that won't leave me completely protected still, right? A radar dector would still be helpful for the other types of traps out there?

I'm borderline getting my license suspended, so this seems like a nice investment
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by raolc View Post
I know that laser jammers are illegal in California...

So here is what I'm thinking..

If you get a laser jammer, these ones tell you when you've been hit, correct? So I can turn it off immediately after while simultaneously slowing down, so that when the cop hits me again it'll go through and he won't suspect a laser jammer. Does this sound about right?

But that won't leave me completely protected still, right? A radar dector would still be helpful for the other types of traps out there?

I'm borderline getting my license suspended, so this seems like a nice investment
yup that's how most users do it, have some kind of kill switch to either manually or automatically hit when a laser hit alert triggers
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
raolc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: z4m

Couple questions

Does it come with an off switch or will I have to figure out a way to make an off switch when I'm installing it?

Also does it have to be out in the open like in the grill, or can I put it behind something (such as a bumper) and have it be just as effective?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Laser Jammers have an on and off switch. I installed the M25 on my 997TT and put the switch down by my door sill so it is hidden and easily accessed. No you are not TOTALLY protected, but with the combination of laser jammers and a radar detector, this should reduce any opportunity for a PO PO to nab you. The jammer needs to be in a open area so it can affectively get the signal. You can put it discreetly somewhere so it blends in. That is why the grill is best. For the 1series, going behind the front kidney grills is good and hidden.
Appreciate 0