BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #23
JabonYetty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Oh I did see u originally posted that u installed a jb4. Is it showing correct boost for the map your running or is it low? Map 1 is 13psi map 2 is 14.5
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #24
snizzletoff
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabonYetty View Post
Oh I did see u originally posted that u installed a jb4. Is it showing correct boost for the map your running or is it low? Map 1 is 13psi map 2 is 14.5
When I did a log a few weeks ago it was a bit low, the car also feels a bit laggy compared to stock with just jB4. So far I've pulled all the couplers on the driver side and retightened them. Still have a noise so it must be the coupler on the passenger side or an actual leak in the FMIC or something along those lines :/

Edit, I was getting around 11-12 ish psi on map 2. And I'm wondering if the loud whistle is just the turbos working harder than usual to attempt to make target boost.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #25
JabonYetty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
When I did a log a few weeks ago it was a bit low, the car also feels a bit laggy compared to stock with just jB4. So far I've pulled all the couplers on the driver side and retightened them. Still have a noise so it must be the coupler on the passenger side or an actual leak in the FMIC or something along those lines :/

Edit, I was getting around 11-12 ish psi on map 2. And I'm wondering if the loud whistle is just the turbos working harder than usual to attempt to make target boost.
Just out of curiosity did you try uninstalling the jb4? Not saying it's the issue but if you dont have any noticable leaks it may be worth a try and see if the problem persists.
Appreciate 0