BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Put on 600 Miles over the Weekend

Had a 3-day weekend and took a mini-vacation with my GF. Drove up to Atascadero, CA from Cerritos, CA and then some sight-seeing and such. Took the 101 up through Bakersfield, but came back on the 101 along the coast. We took tons of pictures, and even spotted a black 128i that I took a picture of (post later). Here's my report on my car's performance:

Good
-The airconditioner/climate control works great. At one point we were driving through Bakersfield and the outside temp read 110 F! Since we had climate control on over the entire trip, we didn't even notice it. I had to roll down my window and feel it because I thought the temp was wrong. Sure enough, it was hot as hades outside!
-Gas mileage is good! Using AC for the majority of our trip, and also freeway driving around 70-110 (mostly 80-90) MPH, we averaged 26 MPG!
-Bluetooth from Comfort Access worked great. We both have cell phones and both lead busy work/social lives. Mostly work calls for me (sucks on a vacation! and some social calls, plenty of family calls from my GF's side). Both phones sync'ed flawlessly and could be answered/called from with ease.
-Power. Driving up hills and effortlessly climbing or maintaining speed while other cars were slowing down was sheer awesome-ness.

Bad
-Sun visor has a slight gap between the A-Pillar and where it covers and if the sun is just right, it catches you in the eyes.
-Getting that strange pop from the passenger side front wheel well, almost sounds like something is clunking around in the glove box (mentioned this in a previous post).
-VTEC. That's right. It feels like VTEC sometimes. Around mid to high 2k RPM, it suddenly feels like a dip and then an increase in power, like the VTEC changeover in a Honda.
-Rattling or buzzing sound from the steering wheel. This came up over rough roads and then got progressively more noticable on the drive up. It then started to get worse, even becoming noticable on high treble or bass hits from the stereo. However, on the drive home it got better. It's still there, but not as bad as before. Never had it before the trip.

I'm sure there's more, but I just got home; need to take care of odds-n-ends before divulging to the internet.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Great to hear, you must post some pics...About the the VTEC....The 1 does have VTEC, is just BMW calls it VANOS/Valvetronic.....
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
Great to hear, you must post some pics...About the the VTEC....The 1 does have VTEC, is just BMW calls it VANOS/Valvetronic.....
Same idea/principle, on how to get better breathing and power across the greater rev range, but completely different execution.
BMW has nothing like Vtec.

Hey I just noticed, I came to the 135i from an A4 too.

OP, do you have an auto or manual?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Manual
Appreciate 0